The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-18-2018, 03:34 PM

The best sound I get is with sunrise pickup into sunrise tube interface. The sunrise buffer is great but it’s not the tube interface.

Also, even though the sunrise pickup looks large, I’ve found for soundholes that are at least 4 inches in diameter, it slips in from the bottom for quick and easy install and removal even without loosening the strings. I own two of the longwire versions and put them in when I use them and take them out when I’m done.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hess View Post
The best sound I get is with sunrise pickup into sunrise tube interface. The sunrise buffer is great but it’s not the tube interface.

Also, even though the sunrise pickup looks large, I’ve found for soundholes that are at least 4 inches in diameter, it slips in from the bottom for quick and easy install and removal even without loosening the strings. I own two of the longwire versions and put them in when I use them and take them out when I’m done.
i have a old parlor guitar and the sunrise fits
in the soundhole. but the m80 will not.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:54 AM

I have a Sunrise and K&K pm in my 914. The Sunrise is IMHO, the best soundhole pickup out there. It is plug and play for live use. When I want to get some more body into the tone, I mix in the K&K. I use the Sunrise as the primary pickup but have the option of using either/or as well as in combo.
The buffer box is fine but not really necessary. It does, however, bring out a little more detail in the pickup.
I play mine through an AER 60/3; Fishman LB Performer/LB Artist. To me it still sounds acoustic despite that it is a mag pickup. You can't go wrong.
I also have an M80/K&K pm in my 814 cocobolo. The M80 is more acoustic with more body sound coming through, but the Sunrise is clean and clear.
At least with a mag pickup you don't have u/s issues.
As for the K&K pm pickups, I think they are outstanding. Can't go wrong with those either.
DC

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification