The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-05-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Varmonter....why do you always
type in short sentences, like this?
Just wondering???? If we all did this
then every thread would be 100s of pages
long...lol.

Anyway, yes I guess it's nice to have
everything built into the amp I guess.
So if you didn't like the VE-8, what did you end
up going with? The Play Acoustic has
better harmonies, IMO. And OMG...how
could they NOT include the footswitch. Just
a way to squeeze another $50 from you. It's
like buying a car without keys.
Sorry I see your point . I use a cell phone and it doesnt scroll with the text . So I just hit return so i can see what i am typeing. I will endeavor to Correct This annoyance . Lol
I seem to be always trying to get my stage fooprint down to a manageable level.I find These all in one boxes appealing but like
Most one size fits all there are good things and bad things about each one. I have a pedalboard that works well its just big.
So my latest is the helix stomp which is promising. I really dont use a harmonizer or a looper except
to dial in my tone without the guitar in hand. I need something that will accomodate 3 drastically different inst ( Guitar ,fretless
pbass, And mandolin.) So its been a struggle. The pedalboard accomplishes this but like i said its big. The helix with its presets
Is showing promise. I sing but dont use a harmonizer. But would if it sounded as good as this boss amp.
And yes not including a footswitch is like bose originally not including the battery with the S1.. How
many folks like me shy away from purchases when there is such obvious greed.
I would rather see it included with an appropriate price increase.
Plus they really need a floor controller that will operate "all"the features on this amp. Instead of a select few.
I can see this post isnt formatting great Consider it a work in progress

Last edited by varmonter; 04-05-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
Sorry I see your point . I use a cell phone and it doesnt scroll with the text . So I just hit return so i can see what i am typeing. I will endeavor to Correct
This annoyance .
I
personally
see
no
problem
with
this.

J/K (I too enjoy your insight no matter what format it comes in) Very grateful for all you share.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 04-05-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
I
personally
see
no
problem
with
this.

J/K (I too enjoy your insight no matter what format it comes in) Very grateful for all you share.
thx Appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
lol. nice job!

I was just having a little fun with Varmonter. I enjoy his insights and he is a valuable poster here. Hope he knows I was joking
It's okay, I had a fun time with the revision. Reminded me fo my proofeeding days.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 04-08-2019, 07:26 AM

Hi,

I use Boss Acoustic Singer Live for about a month.
I find it very "compatible" with K&K Pure Mini type of sensors - with little EQ and/or acoustic resonance feature it's easy to get rid of unwanted low-mid mud.
Reverb/Chorus effects are OK, phantom power on mic channel - another advantage.
Mute function in the foot switch is really useful.
Possibility to send signal to the external active speaker/mixing console (mic or guitar separately, pre/post effects, mix of both channels) is another great addition.
Certainly, transparency is not a category in which this amplifier would win competitors, but thanks to it, it is easy to get an effective and good sound on the stage.

Marek
Old 04-08-2019, 07:50 AM

[QUOTE=varmonter;6027311...(really Boss?) foot switch. so its easier to make adjustments, cons are the foot-switch is optional ,only a 40 sec looper , and no pole mount. Did i mention the foots-witch is optional.. It sounds good with a mandolin as well.[/QUOTE]

The amp is a nice product and I have to agree with V, at $500, include the foot switch/pedals. Luckily I have all that in my pedal board so I don't need another amp. However, if I were looking at another small amp, this would be at the top of the list.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification