The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-17-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildman View Post
I never thought I was picky about the string spacing until I got the 00018. Now its noticeable. Doesn't mean I'll go sell anything but sure like the Martin spacing.
You might have to change your user name.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:28 PM

Default Nut width

I have a Martin 000RS1 with a 1.75 nut width. The string spacing E to e is 1-17/32". The Eastman OM80-TC is 1-15/32". I played the Martin for about 8 years using mostly fingerstyle. I noticed that the Eastman still feels as if the strings are closer together and that bothers me especially as the 2 guitars are so similarly dimensioned. You wouldn't think that small of difference would be a problem though. The Eastman guitar though is a very good quality build wise. The fret work is excellent as are the qualities of wood. Sitka top, solid rosewood sides and back, ebony finger board and bone saddle and nut. At $1300 a year ago it's hard to find anything of equal comparison at that price point. The Eastman doesn't have the bass of the Martin but for fingerstyle it's a nice choice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
eastman e10om, martin 000-18, nut width