The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-01-2024, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
You can play around post recording with some millisecond range channel delay (as I have done now and then) by ear.
That's basically what this plugin does - substituting an algorithm for your ear - tho it's goal is to maximize correlation. You can also override it, and use it as a sample delay with control down to the sample level.

Wild correlation swings often happen with spaced pairs, and that can be fine. If a recording is consistently always in the negative correlation area, I think that's more problematic, and even more so if mixed with additional sources, mic, pickup, etc. In the end, if it sounds good, it's good, of course.

Last edited by Doug Young; 02-02-2024 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Not to steal Ken's thunder here, but we did record a song today and Auto-Align was involved As the person in front of the mic, I was very happy with the result, even with the stray clams in my performance.

This is an original tune of mine called "Classical Western" - tuning is CGDGBbC if anyone is interested in trying it out. Guitar is a superb Halland DC-H Ebony / Moon Spruce, 25.4 - 26 fan-fret.

Thanks again Ken for the hospitality!

Old 02-03-2024, 11:04 PM
Charter Member

A simple high-pass filter. That and reverb/delay are usually the only plug-ins I use on acoustic. Everything else, I prefer to get from hardware.
Old 02-04-2024, 12:45 AM
Charter Member

On a good recording a small amount of reverb (usually convolution type) is the thing (often only thing) I use consistently. If some problem frequencies a equalization plugin may be explored.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD