The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachrunner View Post
Just got my '03 Entourage Rustic CW QIT off Craigslist about three weeks ago, and still can't put it down... What a fantastic guitar! That cedar top just sings...

Did they have the Entourage in '03? I thought they were introduced in like 06/07. Interesting.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bousti999 View Post
Did they have the Entourage in '03? I thought they were introduced in like 06/07. Interesting.
That is what I was thinking. Seems like that would be a S6+ CW burst if it were from that long ago. Don't think they wrote "Seagull" script on the headstock back then.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 04-01-2012, 06:03 PM
AGF Administrator

I had the mini-jumbo for a while and loved it. It was well built and it sounded great.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:

According to the serial # on mine, it's a 2003 - unless I'm reading it wrong.

The dating method I am using is the following (which I found on another internet guitar forum - quoted supposedly from Seagull):

First two digits: year - fiscal year beginning August 1st of the year before

next two digits: week of the fiscal year

fifth digit: day of the week

last three digits: rank of instrument made that week

My Seagull Entourage's serial number begins with "03"...
Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 PM

I think Seagull changed their numbering system a couple years ago, and now it says nothing about their production date. Mine is a 2010, but the serial number starts with "02." You should email Seagull and ask about your guitar.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I think Seagull changed their numbering system a couple years ago, and now it says nothing about their production date. Mine is a 2010, but the serial number starts with "02." You should email Seagull and ask about your guitar.

OK, I will do that. I was thinking about doing that anyway since you now have me wondering if in fact it is an '03...
Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:

Just emailed them (from the Seagull website) and got an "out of the office" auto-reply, so I'm hoping they'll email me tomorrow with the date that mine was made.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 AM

Bought an Entourage about a month ago (partly in thanks to a few of your vids, Zach - love your stuff! Sounded better to me than any guitar under $500 and I preferred the slimmer neck. Practically the same as the original S6 at a much sweeter price point. Nothing else even came close (second place goes to the Yamaha FG730S). Overall, extremely satisfied.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspid View Post
Bought an Entourage about a month ago (partly in thanks to a few of your vids, Zach - love your stuff! Sounded better to me than any guitar under $500 and I preferred the slimmer neck. Practically the same as the original S6 at a much sweeter price point. Nothing else even came close (second place goes to the Yamaha FG730S). Overall, extremely satisfied.
I remember you posting that on one of my videos a bit ago, that's cool to hear!
Seagull Entourage Rustic (I won it!)

PRS CE22
American Standard Stratocaster
Silverface 1978 Fender Champ
Fender Deluxe Reverb

Winner of the Virginia Guitar Festival

Feel free to call me Zach
Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 PM

I agree. That is a much newer guitar than 2003 ... I once had a link to the news release when Seagull introduced the Entourage models and I believe it was 2006 ... Seagull has pulled a bunch of their historical information off of the web with the kick-off of their new web site (not sure why!) But anyway, the oval shaped label in the soundhole is indicative of a newer Seagull ... a 2003 model would not have that. It would also have the serial number stamped into the back of the headstock, whereas this one would have the serial number printed on the label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McGriff View Post
That is what I was thinking. Seems like that would be a S6+ CW burst if it were from that long ago. Don't think they wrote "Seagull" script on the headstock back then.

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM

Go to this link: http://www.guitardating.com/godin.php
... and type in your 8-digit serial number stamped into the back of the headstock to find out exactly when your Seagull was made. Unfortunately, the newer, longer serial numbers printed on the label in the sound hole won't work here and actually don't indicate anything about date of manufacture anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachrunner View Post
Just emailed them (from the Seagull website) and got an "out of the office" auto-reply, so I'm hoping they'll email me tomorrow with the date that mine was made.

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 04-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:

I emailed Seagull ([email protected]) yesterday about my Entourage's date of manufacture. So far haven't heard back from them..

Hopefully they'll email me back with the date my Entourage Rustic CW was made... I also asked them what year Seagull Entourages were first introduced.

Last edited by Beachrunner; 04-02-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM

I would also think that yours is a newer Entourage, because it doesn't have the ugly plastic rosette.

Let us know what you hear!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I would also think that yours is a newer Entourage, because it doesn't have the ugly plastic rosette.

Still haven't gotten a reply from Seagull...

Yeah, I see that the older Entourages had that ugly plastic rosette - as well as a black pg - whereas the newer ones have the nicer rosettes and the tortoise guards..
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Today I received the reply from Michel at Seagull. He said the Entourage Rustic CW QI was introduced in 2009 (Surprising - I would have thought earlier). I am assuming he meant the Rustic CW QI's, and not necessarily the whole Entourage line. (??)

He also said the 12-digit serial numbers on the newer Entourage models contain no information on the production date. Hmm.. Wonder why not?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion