The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-12-2017, 08:16 AM

Default New Les Paul Studio 2015

Well, I ran across a new 2015 Studio yesterday and got my son an early Xmas. Found it out of town and he was with me. No way to get back to that store and I couldn't resist..... Also saved me some money because he wanted a 2018 Tribute. He played both in the store and the studio was hands down the best of the two (according to him). The studio has more things he likes and came with a very nice hard case. Might have messed up, but the cost was almost half the cost as the 2018 Tribute (after some serious negotiations with the owner and him having a kind heart for children). Brand new as well. Dealer only had it a couple weeks from Gibson.

So, I know absolutely nothing about Gibsons, but my 12 year old is happy and has researched both. All that counts I suppose.

It has this G-Force tuners which are a Godsend for me. He plays about 5 different alternate tunings and I have to tune his existing guitars when he wants to play them. The robo tuners, for now, work great!!! Might not last, but they are fun now (for him).

I will try to post up photos. Let me know if you guys have insight on this one.

jed
Old 11-12-2017, 04:48 PM

Congrats on your son's new Studio! Great that he had an opportunity to play both Les Pauls and pick the one he liked best.

Regarding the tuners, make sure your son reads on how to use it properly. I can't recall exactly what it is but if used incorrectly can damage the tuners.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Congratulations Jed! I've had a 2015 for about 2 years. You can tune in the dark! The Studio has a great sound. If the tuners start going AI on you, re-charge the battery.
It took my tuners a few weeks to stabilize, now they're great. What a great dad!
Old 11-12-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats on your son's new Studio! Great that he had an opportunity to play both Les Pauls and pick the one he liked best.

Regarding the tuners, make sure your son reads on how to use it properly. I can't recall exactly what it is but if used incorrectly can damage the tuners.
Incidentally, you can access the entire tuner instruction manual through Gibson's website.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

Thanks. We spent an hour or so reading directions, etc. he's got it going good!
Old 11-12-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknow View Post
Congratulations Jed! I've had a 2015 for about 2 years. You can tune in the dark! The Studio has a great sound. If the tuners start going AI on you, re-charge the battery.
It took my tuners a few weeks to stabilize, now they're great. What a great dad!
Thanks to you! Yes, I am very popular dad today. He has a permanent grin. It's great to watch him play. I'm 54 and he's 12, so I'm going to go broke before I die to make sure he continues this venture. Hopefully, I will be selling t-shirts for his band one day! He just learned Freebird tonight and that Studio was screaming !!
Old 11-12-2017, 08:35 PM

One thing I noticed and I guess it's normal. The bridge and string stop are uneven, i.e. One side is higher than the other.... The screw is out more. I assume it came this way from factory ?????
Old 11-13-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed1894 View Post
Thanks. We spent an hour or so reading directions, etc. he's got it going good!
I wonder if Gibson could have had simpler instructions on how to tune - something that takes less than 1 hour

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars