The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-13-2017, 08:17 AM

Default Taylor BTO 12 Fret Sinker Redwood / AA Rosewood SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Up for grabs is a stunning Taylor 12 Fret Grand Concert with Cutaway and ES2. It is one of a kind with several unique upgrades including stunning custom wooden pelican inlays. It has a Sinker Redwood top which is no longer available through the Taylor custom shop due to low supply. This beauty was built in 2014, at which point Sinker Redwood was a $750 upgrade. The total MSRP from the custom shop was just shy of $6798.

The 12 fret and Sinker Redwood combination is a definite winner on a Taylor - it gives it a beautiful warmth and shimmer that I haven't heard on the others I've owned, which complements and balances the usual Taylor brightness. Whenever I pick up this guitar I end up playing for way longer than I planned to, intended to keep this one for a while but another sinker redwood came up and I couldn't resist it.

Pictures can be seen here... warning - GAS and/or drooling may result

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2yemhS3ZZ8HRgIau1

List of Upgrades:
- Sinker Redwood
- AA Rosewood
- Bone nut/saddle
- Wood pelican inlays
- ES2
- Gotoh 510s
- Abalone Rosette
- Fleur de Lis inlay on headstock
- Cutaway
- ES2

Guitar is standard Taylor 12 fret specs - 1 3/4 nut, 2 1/4 spacing. Excellent+ condition, I searched it carefully in the light and could find no scratches or dings.

I'm looking for $2800 net to me, including shipping to US/Canada. Trade value is $3000, prefer to sell but will consider offers that work in my favor.

Last edited by tjvh27; 11-06-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:48 AM

A couple offers but still here!
Old 10-31-2017, 08:07 AM

Lots of trade offers and a close cash offer, might be gone by tonight!
Old 11-01-2017, 02:26 PM

Bump back up
Old 11-22-2017, 10:00 AM
Charter Member

Default Great Transaction

Just a quick note to give Tyler some props for a great transaction on this wonderful guitar. He was very patient to answer all of my questions, sent me multiple audio clips of him playing the guitar, was very fair on finalizing a price, and confidently gave me a trial period to be sure that the guitar was as advertised.

I'm very happy to report that the guitar is amazing. What a wonderful sound, and in spite of the extremely custom (and a little odd) fretboard inlays, the wood on this guitar is absolutely stunning.

I'm also happy to report that, after having this guitar for less than a week, the tendinitis is already disappearing, which makes me very happy.

Thanks again Tyler, much appreciated!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars