The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-23-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
Sadly, due to the 'good ol' boys' network in this county, they all cover each other's backsides. Sadly, this may well come to an armed showdown...as we are receiving support from other property owners throughout the county.

We're not the only one...the county just decided to designate 33 families' properties as in a flood plain, and are trying to seize their property too.
Well then go to the State's Attorney General's office. You just have to keep going up the chain.... if what he did is use his office in response to a personal dispute, that is something they would look in to.

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th
Old 08-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sled View Post
Well then go to the State's Attorney General's office. You just have to keep going up the chain.... if what he did is use his office in response to a personal dispute, that is something they would look in to.
I agree and think about trying to get the press and media involved they maybe be very interested in even a hint of self dealing or corruption.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sadly, due to the 'good ol' boys' network in this county, they all cover each other's backsides. Sadly, this may well come to an armed showdown...as we are receiving support from other property owners throughout the county.

We're not the only one...the county just decided to designate 33 families' properties as in a flood plain, and are trying to seize their property too.
This sounds totally preposterous. While it is common for states and counties to restrict or regulate development in floodplains. I have never heard of county seizing land simply because of it being in floodplain. What legal basis are they sighting for attempting this ? Not to mention the only floodplain designation I have heard of being used by states and counties for designation is from FEMA floodplain maps, not arbitrary county designation.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-23-2015, 02:43 PM

That's great news that he is not escalating - good job on your part.

Being as he asked for "strict boundries' I would keep my cordial distance still, and let him say hello or nod to him in passing so you can get a feel as to if he's moody or not and whether he can control his moods if is.

Continued good luck.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
So, y'all can whine about someone cutting your grass over the property line....but until you have to deal with a nightmare neighbor such as we have acquired...you have no complaint.
Quote:
Thanks for the sympathy, BTW.
Oh, I do have sympathy for you and your land.
But as you judge the OP and his battle over grass cutting just remember...
Everyone has problems. And everyone's problems are very important at least to themselves.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
There is no whining to it...I am a pitbull at the end of her chain. It's not going to get prettier from here. I can rattle cages with the best of them, and will. If it takes resorting to violence to get someone to pay attention...then so be it.

As property owners, how would y'all feel about having a government agency deciding, out of the blue and with no basis for doing so, seizing 300 feet of your property........all over a spoiled rotten brat not getting his way.

Get yourself a good land use attorney if you haven't already. And, as someone else suggested, get the media involved.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
There is no whining to it...I am a pitbull at the end of her chain. It's not going to get prettier from here. I can rattle cages with the best of them, and will. If it takes resorting to violence to get someone to pay attention...then so be it.

As property owners, how would y'all feel about having a government agency deciding, out of the blue and with no basis for doing so, seizing 300 feet of your property........all over a spoiled rotten brat not getting his way.

Lisa,

This is terrible! You have my complete sympathy. Unfortunately, just thinking about your situation has my blood pressure in the danger zone.

- Glenn
Old 08-26-2015, 11:55 AM

It gets worse...we received a letter from her lawyer trespassing us from our own property...and that we are going to be sued for moving a fence line....never happened, still where it always was...and for damage to the drainage ditch...which we don't touch because we signed an easement for the county to maintain it 10 years ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
2014 Taylor GS Mini HV
2014 Taylor GS Mini-e FLTD Koa (Currently Residing w/Son)
Old 08-26-2015, 12:38 PM

Time for a heavy duty attorney. If, as you said, you have armed violence, you automatically lose.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
It gets worse...we received a letter from her lawyer trespassing us from our own property...and that we are going to be sued for moving a fence line....never happened, still where it always was...and for damage to the drainage ditch...which we don't touch because we signed an easement for the county to maintain it 10 years ago.

Lisa, letters like that from lawyers are basically a scare tactic. You really need to get your own lawyer if you don't already have one, preferably one that specializes in land use issues. He/she then can write a letter back to the neighbors attorney essentially telling them they are full of it. It also sends the message that you are ready/willing/prepared to fight this and not just fold (which is what they are hoping you'll do). Also, a good land use attorney will be better prepared to deal with the local governmental issues.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfden1 View Post
Lisa, letters like that from lawyers are basically a scare tactic. You really need to get your own lawyer if you don't already have one, preferably one that specializes in land use issues. He/she then can write a letter back to the neighbors attorney essentially telling them they are full of it. It also sends the message that you are ready/willing/prepared to fight this and not just fold (which is what they are hoping you'll do). Also, a good land use attorney will be better prepared to deal with the local governmental issues.
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, this is going to cost you (that is, LisaT) some money to fight. What a shame.

- Glenn
Old 03-06-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, this is going to cost you (that is, LisaT) some money to fight. What a shame.

- Glenn
We handed the attorney $1500 to make it all go away. We'll see what happens.

2014 Taylor GS Mini HV
2014 Taylor GS Mini-e FLTD Koa (Currently Residing w/Son)
Old 03-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Good luck Lisa.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfden1 View Post
Get yourself a good land use attorney if you haven't already. And, as someone else suggested, get the media involved.
No. Save some money. Go to the county Prosecutors office with your paper work. Have them investigate the source of the complaint and the party involved that seems to be able to profit from it. Sounds like they may have conspired and used their position to try gain access to the land. If no action there go to the state level. From what you have written is sounds like they may have used this scam on other land owners in the past. Perhaps you are the one to bring it to a halt.

Last edited by GHS; 03-06-2016 at 08:22 PM. Reason: info more info
Old 03-06-2016, 09:27 PM

It's called Agenda 21 .
Best of luck .
You are not alone . There is power in numbers , remember this .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic