The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-24-2017, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Hi Louis!

I am so sorry to read that you are going through a hard time. I know your forum name from so many of your posts over the years! You have always been one of the good guys on the forum, and so I feel very saddened to now know that life has been hard on you lately. I know you are not complaining, but I also know that you might like to read that plenty of people, me especially, will be missing your input.

You take care, Ship, and be at peace as much as you can.

- Glenn
Old 11-25-2017, 01:16 PM

Ship of Fools Lewis sent me this update, and had given me permission to share such things with his many AGF friends. I am so glad to read this! I was praying for him yesterday, wishing that he would have as many good days as possible. Each one is a blessing, and it is good to read that he is still setting and reaching goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ship of fools
getting harder old friend lungs are doing even poorer and hearts starting and my old polio is really playing havoc with trying to breath but I keep setting date goals have to make it to wifes birthday and then christmas and so forth hope all is well with you and your family my long term goal is feb17 2019 life insurance pays off then
Old 01-20-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
One of the best things about the AGF is the friendships formed among those of us who hang out here. For me, one such friend is ship of fools, also known as Lewis. He joined us back in 2005, and over the course of his 2,000 or so posts and a number of PMs, we became trusted friends, even though we didn't always agree on everything. He's definitely one of the Good Guys.

He's going through some high seas these days, and I'm sure would appreciate your prayers, thoughts, good vibrations, etc. He's given me permission to share this PM that I received from him today.

I know enough about his situation to know that typing this took a supreme effort, so hear his heart without being critical of his lack of punctuation or capitalization. Though posting is quite difficult, Lewis occasionally looks in on this community. It's hard, though, because it makes him miss being able to play even more. Still, I'm sure your words of encouragement would be appreciated.

cotten
Hang in there, Ship. We need access to your vast wealth of unbiased
information on acoustic guitars, of all types. Though I am relatively new
to this forum, I have stumbled upon your wise words many times "across
the net", particularly in regards to your interest in Yamakis and
Washburn. "Pay heed to the voice and not the name" is how I would
paraphrase your words.
000-18 2015
D35 2011
Yamakis: 112, 118, 125, 225, 313, 331, 333 x 3, 335, 339;
Yamaha FG 180; Takamine w/pickup;
Classicals: Tamura, Garcia, Suzuki, Yamaha
plus many electrics, mostly Strats.
played for over 50 yrs; 20 of those full-time on a Tele.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:44 PM

Thanks for sharing cotten, and Lewis - wishing you all the best I can. For some strange reason, I find peace here among some of the greatest humans right here in this Forum. And even amongst some quarrels, it's great that we all never lose sight of the more important things in life. My prayers out to you and you family...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic