The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-19-2018, 03:09 PM

Default Priceless (it's not worth anything lol) guitar fell over

I got this Montoya guitar on Freecycle (good place to get free guitars btw). Looks like it took a blow to the back of the headstock. It looks like the neck is held on with wooden dowels.

Pretty poor construction if a glued dowel pops out of its hole no matter what the force imho.

What I wanted to know was how about I just fasten it back on with a wood screw from the outside? Besides it'll look bad, which I could care less about, is there any reason why I shouldn't, or are there any special tricks I need to know about?

The damage is really old so I doubt glue would hold due to oxidation of the wood in there.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but you never know when there's experts around somebody always has something to contribute.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:19 PM

Can I add pics to posts?
Old 01-19-2018, 03:47 PM

Above the text area there are a number of buttons. Select the one that has a mountain and yellow sky. In the popup window put the link to where the picture is being hosted. You need to put the picture on somewhere, other than Photobucket.

As far as a screw from the outside holding on the neck, guess what is lurking under the walnut button.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair