The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-18-2017, 09:17 AM
Guest 928

Beautiful guitar, great gifting!
Old 08-18-2017, 11:37 AM

Jealous!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:19 PM

I pressed the button but you pressed it faster. Congratulations! It's a beauty!
Old 08-18-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltamontes View Post
Great idea, I'll shoot them an email, my guitar ships tomorrow
Stunning guitar and would nicely match my red X20 (although mine doesn't have a slotted head). This is a great example of why I try to avoid looking at the select series. I am afraid I won't be able to stop myself from late night ordering.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 08-18-2017, 03:15 PM

That is gorgeous! I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed my X7!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:18 PM

Congratulations on the purchase of a beautiful guitar! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying my X7.
Barb
Old 08-29-2017, 06:21 AM

Default My baby has arrived

Yesterday I received my August Special series Artisan X7. All I can say is wow, what an incredible guitar. Looks beautiful, the slotted headstock adds so much to its looks, this guitar has an incredible strong resounding voice, the K&K pick up sounds great through the amp, and finally one thing that I had largely underestimated is the ergonomics, this thing just "molds" to your body, what a treat to hold. I had some reservations about the neck before ordering, the X7 has a 1 3/4 neck, v/s the 1 11/16 that my only other guitar (GS Mini) has, it probably took a whole 5 minutes to adjust to the new neck, not a problem.
Generally I spend 1/2 hr a day practicing, yesterday I was at it for over 5 hrs with my new X7. I just love this awesome guitar.
Sean at Emerald was awesome to deal with, flawless transaction, no issues whatsoever.
Alvaro
Old 08-29-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Yesterday I received my August Special series Artisan X7. All I can say is wow, what an incredible guitar. Looks beautiful, the slotted headstock adds so much to its looks, this guitar has an incredible strong resounding voice, the K&K pick up sounds great through the amp, and finally one thing that I had largely underestimated is the ergonomics, this thing just "molds" to your body, what a treat to hold. I had some reservations about the neck before ordering, the X7 has a 1 3/4 neck, v/s the 1 11/16 that my only other guitar (GS Mini) has, it probably took a whole 5 minutes to adjust to the new neck, not a problem.
Generally I spend 1/2 hr a day practicing, yesterday I was at it for over 5 hrs with my new X7. I just love this awesome guitar.
Sean at Emerald was awesome to deal with, flawless transaction, no issues whatsoever.
Alvaro
Fantastic. So glad you love it. Congrats on your upcoming retirement...color me jealous on both fronts....although I do have a unique X20 coming within the next month or two!
Old 08-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Alvaro
This post just makes me smile! Congratulations on that beautiful guitar! The X7 truly makes you want to play more. Enjoy and keep us posted... like: how long can you go, playing 5 hours per day.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Hi Alvaro. I'm so glad this leap of faith has worked out for you. What a retirement gift! Enjoy that gem of a guitar.

By chance, have you looked more into making a strap with an Emerald logo?
Old 08-29-2017, 08:15 AM

Big congratulations on a great guitar. LOVE that sculpted headstock especially.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:15 AM

Welcome to the X7 club! Mine has become a faithful companion -- accompanying me to the office every day, coming along on every car and plane trip, and always within reach from the livingroom couch. My other acoustics barely get played anymore!
Old 08-29-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Hi Alvaro. I'm so glad this leap of faith has worked out for you. What a retirement gift! Enjoy that gem of a guitar.

Sheesh ! Have a heart Tom. When the hell's he gonna do that , with 5 hours a day playing it ?

The man's got to eat and sleep sometimes...

Beautiful guitar, really lovely, congrats.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:12 AM

Congrats on the guitar and on retirement. That guitar is gorgeous!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post

Not yet, the hunt for the right strap (soft leather and the right color) will soon begin, it will have to be the perfect strap, then "gut it", add what I think would look nice, and then put it back together. I'm thinking red, cut out in large bold lettering "Emerald", sandwich in a piece of black leather and doing the same with the dog logo at either end. Not sure yet, once I find the right strap I'll see how it goes. This might be a winter project as I anticipate it might not be an overnight process.
Alvaro

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber