The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-16-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
I want to thank David for his patience during this guitar build. When luthiers have work to do it is great therapy to have wood in hand and sand paper to keep fingers busy, but as the McKnight photo journalist I needed to be where I was more needed. The pictures here are each worth 1,000 words and I am thankful Tim pulled my weight.

I was a pre-occupied caring for our biggest supporter of the guitar world, my best friend since birth, my closest brother, Ralph. Just over a week ago health issues took him "home."

On behalf of my husband, and all the luthiers around the world, as you wait for the guitar of your own dreams to be built, we thank each of you for the respect
shown and for appreciating our efforts to give you what is in your own minds eye desires.

Thank you for continuing to add McKnight guitars to your wonderful collection, David.
I just wanted to add my public condolences as well. I know that both your brothers were dealing with health problems and that your mother is not as ambulatory as she once was. Such is life and when we are gone I like to think that good memories we leave with others are our best legacy. I will miss Ralph and I hope that his own early McKnight stays in the family. Whenever it sings again that it sings one of Ralph's favorite songs.

As for this build I'm just glad to know it will be a first of sort and I feel privileged to have seen it with my own eyes, even if it wasn't quite finished yet.

2013 Official Luthier's Forum Medium Jumbo (DIY build, western red cedar, Honduran mahogany)
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivee OM-03R
Old 08-16-2017, 01:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks, Neil. I will send McJammers and customers an email this week.

David's guitar is the main subject and I won't let that get away. It is now sitting at the Marion, Ohio UPS hub waiting to go home to a new home. When guitars leave Momma and Pappa it can be a bitter sweet moment. We like that each of you joined in the fun with David.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop