The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Default German Vazquez Rubio - Custom Estudio model

I've really missed not having a classical guitar, so I went ahead and placed my order for a custom Estudio model from Master Luthier, German Vazquez Rubio. It's a custom model because of the individual specs I requested (640MM scale length & 50MM nut width), and also because I got to choose the Palo Escrito back & side set from a few sets personally selected by G.V. Rubio for this guitar. German will hand select the European Spruce top himself, so to provide the best tonal match for the selected back & sides.

Here is the back & side set I chose. I loved the figuring, and especially the sapwood element at the center seam. The wait begins...exciting stuff!

Martin 000-28EC
'71 Harmony Buck Owens American
Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-45
Gold Tone PBR-D Paul Beard Signature Model resonator

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart."
-Andrés Segovia

Last edited by drplayer; 05-25-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:16 AM

Schweeeeet!!!!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:29 PM

wow looking forward to this thread!
Old 05-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Here is the European Spruce top that German Vazquez Rubio personally selected for my guitar (based on the tonal & structural properties of the back & side set I selected). He had not started working on this at the time the pic was taken, so there is some shop dust, smudges, and pencil marks on it; however, looking past all that, you can see what a lovely, even-grained, and beautiful creamy-colored top it is. This should look fantastic, but more importantly, German assures me that this top will be the perfect tonal match for my back & sides. Couldn't be happier...can't wait!

Martin 000-28EC
'71 Harmony Buck Owens American
Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-45
Gold Tone PBR-D Paul Beard Signature Model resonator

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart."
-Andrés Segovia

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical