The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-22-2017, 08:10 AM

Hey glen! Well done as always! Very clean relaxed playing, with a nice stretch in there too! Keep up the food work.
~Jasper
Old 04-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGoldsmack View Post
Hey glen! Well done as always! Very clean relaxed playing, with a nice stretch in there too! Keep up the food work.
~Jasper
Thank you Jasper! It's rewarding to know that you are listening! Thanks for your comments!

- Glenn
Old 04-22-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi All,

Here is my version of Pete Huttlinger's "Darcy's Guitar." I think I tend to play this song at a little faster tempo than Pete did and so my version seems to sound a little happier than Pete's. I learned this from one of Pete's instructional DVDs.

The guitar is my Collings OM1A, dread depth body. Strings are D'Addario EJ16.

Here is my version:

For reference, here is Pete telling the story behind the song and performing his version live:

Thank you for watching and commenting.

- Glenn
Great playing Glenn ! Your Collings sounds beautiful, may I ask how you pan and mix the 3 mics ?
Jackson US Soloist

Youtube - Reverbnation - Twitter - Facebook

Old 04-22-2017, 11:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Madsen View Post
Great playing Glenn ! Your Collings sounds beautiful, may I ask how you pan and mix the 3 mics ?
Hi Johan,

The two guitar mics (Rode NT5 with omni capsules) are panned full left and full right. The left mic is from my left, looking at the mics as I play the guitar. The upper large diaphragm mic, the AudioTechnica AT4050, is switched to omni-directional mode, so it uses both diaphragms, and that signal goes to a stereo channel panned straight up between the two channels. That mic is not mixed into the final stereo mix at a very high level, however, because it can tend to muddy up the sound. It just adds some ambient room sound.

Thanks for your comments. I agree that Collings OM1A with deep body does work well for recording. It's also very easy to play; it seems to fit my hands very well.

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell