The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-20-2016, 03:21 PM

Default A new Córdoba C10

Hi everyone

I just purchased a new Córdoba C10 and I want to ask what strings is this model shipped with and do I need to install some better strings. I have a set of Daddario EJ45.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:30 PM

Smile

Hi Christene, The Cordoba C10 comes from the factory with Savarez Cristal
Corum High tension 500CJ. Regards
Norman2
PS; Don't put D'Addario EJ45 on the C10. It sounds much better with Savarez strings
Old 04-20-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
Hi Christene, The Cordoba C10 comes from the factory with Savarez Cristal
Corum High tension 500CJ. Regards
Norman2
PS; Don't put D'Addario EJ45 on the C10. It sounds much better with Savarez strings
Thank you for letting me know. It's such a nice guitar I want to get the best sound.

Christine
Old 04-21-2016, 08:55 AM

While the 500CJ strings that came with my C10 were nice, I have settled on the Savarez 500AR strings... normal tension.

I sacrificed a little volume from the high tension for better comfort of my fingers with the normal tension.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine1988 View Post
Hi everyone

I just purchased a new Córdoba C10 and I want to ask what strings is this model shipped with and do I need to install some better strings. I have a set of Daddario EJ45.
no, no, no, new guitar with new strings, last thing you want to be fooling around with is the strings. Play those strings until they are completely worn out and then some while you are getting to know your new guitar. He/She will let you know what she likes. And by then you will have fun on the string adventure. Enjoy the honeymoon. Congratulations, there will be plenty of time to argue about strings when real life starts again.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone

I tried 6 or 7 (more expensive) sets on my C10 after I wore out the original strings. Went back to the original Savarez Corum HT. Down side is they seem to keep stretching almost forever. But if high tension is what you have to avoid, then let us know what you find, as I am fighting arthritis in thumbs, and don't like the high tension, either. I fear the good sound (for the price) is keyed around the high tension, and a different guitar may be the real solution.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHS View Post
I tried 6 or 7 (more expensive) sets on my C10 after I wore out the original strings. Went back to the original Savarez Corum HT. Down side is they seem to keep stretching almost forever. But if high tension is what you have to avoid, then let us know what you find, as I am fighting arthritis in thumbs, and don't like the high tension, either. I fear the good sound (for the price) is keyed around the high tension, and a different guitar may be the real solution.
How do you like you're C10? Do you think the C10 is a good guitar?
Old 04-25-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, I play it every day 1-3 hrs. Good sound for the price, meaning my next guitar will probably be 2, 3, 4 times the price of C10.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I own several nice Martin's, but the guitar I reach for everyday is my C10. I personally do not think it's a good guitar, I think it's a great guitar.

BTW, next time I change strings I'll take a pic of the braces using my luthiers mirror and post it....AMAZING.
Garcia #2 classical
Cordoba C10 Luthier Series
Tacoma Olympia OB3CE acoustic bass

"I don't care what style you want to play. If you want to master good guitar tone, master preparation, attack and release first." ~ Paul Guma
Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondoraymundo View Post
I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I own several nice Martin's, but the guitar I reach for everyday is my C10. I personally do not think it's a good guitar, I think it's a great guitar.

BTW, next time I change strings I'll take a pic of the braces using my luthiers mirror and post it....AMAZING.
I think Cordoba has done a great job of producing excellent guitars at unbeatable prices. A number of companies stand out for this; in my view, Larrivee and Godin are among them.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
I think Cordoba has done a great job of producing excellent guitars at unbeatable prices. A number of companies stand out for this; in my view, Larrivee and Godin are among them.
I totally agree. I purchased my Cordoba C12 SP in December from Musician's Friend for $1,000. I think it was a return, hence the nearly $700 discount. Having owned a lot of nice guitars... I'm just amazed at how awesome this instrument is.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:13 PM

I just bought a Cordoba C9 Crossover spruce yesterday, and I am REALLY happy with it. I realize it's not quite the same, but I can't imagine a nicer guitar :-) It has such lovely tone and dynamics.

I ordered it as a crossover because of an arthritis problem in my left hand. This seems to have solved my problem.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubedog View Post
I just bought a Cordoba C9 Crossover spruce yesterday, and I am REALLY happy with it. I realize it's not quite the same, but I can't imagine a nicer guitar :-) It has such lovely tone and dynamics.

I ordered it as a crossover because of an arthritis problem in my left hand. This seems to have solved my problem.
Excellent. I was supposed to receive my tenth Cordoba (45FP) this morning... and was as excited as if it were my first. But unfortunately, I think that Musicians Friend screwed-up and even though I received an order confirmation last Sat when I ordered it, it never left the warehouse and now the sales person can't find the order. It was a bit of an impulse buy (because of their Memorial Day promo sale), and I wanted it for a gig in two days. So I'll likely just have them cancel the order. Bummer... as I was really curious about this model.

At any rate. Congrats on your Cordoba purchase. It may not be your last!
Old 06-02-2016, 08:41 AM

Savarez Cristal Corum High tension are good strings. I know someone who has a C10 and put D'Addario normal tension on it. The intonation went to hell. He put a new set of Cristal Corum High tension back on it, and it was great again. You might need to get the guitar set up if you have your heart set on other strings.

Although they are not my favorite string, I happen to like the Savarez Cristal Corum High tension. I keep them on my Cordoba.

Congrats on a great guitar and good luck.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 06-05-2016, 04:11 PM

I really drank that carbon koolaid and kind of over looked the corum crlstal. I found a set down in my spare string drawer. I use another bass set, dyed in the wool, can't get me to change but swap out trebles quite often. I find these cristal trebles to be just about in the sweet spot between dadario cabon or savarez alliance and plain old nylon. Not as bright, but bright gets old real fast. The best way I can describe them is they open up a lot of previously unused acoustic space inside my guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical