The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-19-2017, 07:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey Dan...
What is the guitar that you're playing in this video? I see that it's a Taylor, but I'm trying to tell if it's one of the limited edition series that introduced the Taylor Grand Auditorium body in 1995.

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 04-21-2017, 08:54 AM

Very nice Dan!
mission accomplished on inspiring others. This makes me want to try those songs in that tuning - and I hate to change tuning. It also made me sing along to the end part of Judy Blue eyes - couldn't help myself.

Very nice Beatles tunes by the way. Liked your CSN enough that I had to peek.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 PM

That is a Taylor GAMC ... Limited to 300 that year. Mahogany with Cedar top. Think those were the first of the GA models. I have played it for almost 20 years now and its pretty much my favorite acoustic. I film close up so anyone wishing to learn can see better. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:01 PM
AGF Sponsor

Very cool...
This is my GAWS (walnut/spruce) limited to 150. I've never seen another in this series, but I believe that there were 4 variations. It was the official release of their GA shape, though I believe that they actually offered it a few months prior in their 25th Anniversary (?) limited series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzo View Post
That is a Taylor GAMC ... Limited to 300 that year. Mahogany with Cedar top. Think those were the first of the GA models. I have played it for almost 20 years now and its pretty much my favorite acoustic. I film close up so anyone wishing to learn can see better. Thanks.

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell