The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete12string View Post
Was that the only box it came in? Or was it double boxed?
It was doubled boxed. The outer box was thicker than some others I've seen. Packaging was secure and adequate.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:19 PM

I received the mb-28-g today, it's the rosewood and spruce orchestra model. It is very, very loud. Deep, rich, punchy strummed. Very sweet picked and would be perfect for solo performances. Mine is perfect as far as I can tell so far. For $399 it's a steal. Absolutely zero complaints on my end. Btw, I chose this model because it was finally shown as in stock at american musical supply so I snapped it up. I had pre-ordered and cancelled 2 other models because I grew tired of waiting with no ETA. Very glad I ended up with this model. Highly recommend it at this price.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:52 PM

Crap I dunno if I want the rosewood one or the sapele one, so I ordered both and I'll have to decide. The sapele one should be here Fri but the rosewood one will be a little longer.
2014 Recording King RP1-626-C
Blueridge BR-341
Old 08-13-2014, 05:48 PM

My MB-28-G appears to be made in 2010. The inside block shows 100410005. My serial number starts with F10. This could be really old new stock. That would explain the strings.

Edit:

The strings on my guitar were terrible. New, bright, and strangely brittle like old strings. They were d'addario's and I put on new D'addario phosphor bronze. Much better! I'm looking forward to seeing how the guitar sounds during the next week.

Last edited by Brick is Red; 08-13-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddchase View Post
Being a body that is not as deep how is it tonally, especially the bass response? Thanks.
As it sits right now it definitley has less bass than the deeper bodied Alvarez, more balanced tone. However, the Alvarez is rosewood back and sides and has newer 13s on it. The Bedell was made on 2011 it looks like and has what feel like 11s or 12s to me on it. The current strings on the Bedell definitly feel old but the guitar sounds very, what I would call "lively". Im curious to see how it sounds after restringing it.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:45 PM

Default Ok Guys, I Drank the Kool Aid!

Just pre-ordered the Bedell MB-28-G after being reassured by 3 salemen that they are expecting a shipment soon. Whoo Hooo! My First all-wood acoustic!
I had a hard time finding the dimensions of this guitar, so I called Bedell (who was very helpful and friendly)

She said that the reason they are liquidating these guitars is that since they are building guitars in the States, they need the warehouse room. I asked about the 2011/2012 guitars which had been delivered. She assured me that they had been stored in a well-maintained 70º warehouse, a recommended a string change.

Seems that Bedells Orchestra model runs small (19" Body, 3 1/8" Depth,11 1/4" Upper Bout, 9 1/4" Waist, 15 1/8") Which for my 5'1" frame is great.
I asked about the previous pricing, which was $1849 w/ a street price of $1200-$1300. Can't beat that discount with a stick or a guitar neck!

I am interested to hear the reviews of my fellow Kool Aid drinkers.
Meanwhile, my Luthier is standing by for the set up...(if it needs one)
Old 08-14-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixguit View Post
Just pre-ordered the Bedell MB-28-G after being reassured by 3 salemen that they are expecting a shipment soon. Whoo Hooo! My First all-wood acoustic!
I had a hard time finding the dimensions of this guitar, so I called Bedell (who was very helpful and friendly)

She said that the reason they are liquidating these guitars is that since they are building guitars in the States, they need the warehouse room. I asked about the 2011/2012 guitars which had been delivered. She assured me that they had been stored in a well-maintained 70º warehouse, a recommended a string change.

Seems that Bedells Orchestra model runs small (19" Body, 3 1/8" Depth,11 1/4" Upper Bout, 9 1/4" Waist, 15 1/8") Which for my 5'1" frame is great.
I asked about the previous pricing, which was $1849 w/ a street price of $1200-$1300. Can't beat that discount with a stick or a guitar neck!

I am interested to hear the reviews of my fellow Kool Aid drinkers.
Meanwhile, my Luthier is standing by for the set up...(if it needs one)
Right I ordered the same one, and they were right about the last shipment coming in so I would expect they're correct on this one as well. I have the sapele version on it's way already but I realized a EIR iteration might be even better considering the relatively small up-charge.

I do hope the neck isn't too small though. I'm not looking for another finger style guitar but I will need room for all my thick fingers.
2014 Recording King RP1-626-C
Blueridge BR-341
Old 08-14-2014, 02:24 PM

I just received my MB-18-G today. It's FANTASTIC !!! Loud, responsive, great finish and looks. The neck is 1 11/16 in and the gigbag is a piece of junk... but if you can live with that, this is an amazing guitar. I compared it to my Taylor 316ce koa back and sides and it holds its ground !!! High quality in every aspect. Loving it !
Old 08-14-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepusekuka View Post
I just received my MB-18-G today. It's FANTASTIC !!! Loud, responsive, great finish and looks. The neck is 1 11/16 in and the gigbag is a piece of junk... but if you can live with that, this is an amazing guitar. I compared it to my Taylor 316ce koa back and sides and it holds its ground !!! High quality in every aspect. Loving it !
Hmmm... I think some string changes are in order.

Anyone know what gauge these came with?
Old 08-14-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaPat View Post
Hmmm... I think some string changes are in order.

Anyone know what gauge these came with?
I changed the strings yesterday. I don't know for certain, but the strings felt like standard 12's. Not any lighter. Possibly 13's if I'm wrong.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:11 PM

My 2nd order for a TBCE28TB was also canceled, so I'm gonna try a MB28G. It said it was in stock (1 left) but if it gets canceled too, I'm just gonna give up and stick with my Seagull S6+...
Old 08-14-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgodwin View Post
My 2nd order for a TBCE28TB was also canceled, so I'm gonna try a MB28G. It said it was in stock (1 left) but if it gets canceled too, I'm just gonna give up and stick with my Seagull S6+...
Hang in there dgod.

By the way AMS has some more maple jumbos and cedar over hog models with the open tuners and fishman.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:40 PM

Haha! I would have ordered the jumbo had it been available. At these prices, I should buy one.

I love my newly arrived MB-28-G. After changing the strings and playing for several hours over two days, it completely surpassed my expectations in terms of sound, wood quality, and comfort. The action is a bit high, but I'm undecided as to whether I'll make any adjustments.

If anybody gets an instrument as old as mine (2010), I suggest an immediate string change. You'll be very happy that you did so.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Hang in there dgod.

By the way AMS has some more maple jumbos and cedar over hog models with the open tuners and fishman.
Correction it's Zzounds that added the additional inventory to their site.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Correction it's Zzounds that added the additional inventory to their site.
I went to AMS yesterday after seeing your post and I saw the added inventory. They had the jumbo and a higher end cedar top (I forget what they call them. Award series or something.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
all solid, bedell