The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-14-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Hahaha! Indonesia? It's Singapore here the last time I checked :P
Singapore, Indonesia, come on, just a little boat ride apart!!!! Hey whatever, you still have a lizard running around poopin on stuff. I hope that new case is lizard poop resistant, now that is something I bet they have not checked against. Lizard poop eroding and etching into the finish. Bird poop does it on cars.....Oh my, what if you set the Michaud down, went to the kitchen to make a sandwich and came back to find lizard p...... oh my, I can't even finish my thought!!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Singapore, Indonesia, come on, just a little boat ride apart!!!! Hey whatever, you still have a lizard running around poopin on stuff. I hope that new case is lizard poop resistant, now that is something I bet they have not checked against. Lizard poop eroding and etching into the finish. Bird poop does it on cars.....Oh my, what if you set the Michaud down, went to the kitchen to make a sandwich and came back to find lizard p...... oh my, I can't even finish my thought!!!!
HAHA!! Oh gosh.... You just made me paranoid.... It's always going back into the case now. At first I wanted to busk with my guitar, then I had a fear of a bird pooping on it so now that's out of the picture. And now I can't even live safely within the confines of my own loving room! D:

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 AM

Hi Marcus,

Congrats on your new Michaud! That is a GORGEOUS guitar you have there!
Wow! I'm speechless! I hope it gives you many,many years of pleasure!

Cheers!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:49 AM

Edit. Meant this to be a PM!
Old 06-14-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelix View Post
Hi Marcus,

Congrats on your new Michaud! That is a GORGEOUS guitar you have there!
Wow! I'm speechless! I hope it gives you many,many years of pleasure!

Cheers!
Thanks Neelix! I am sure your Kostal is going to be just as fantastic It isn't too far away!! Thank you for your well wishes and I'm looking forward to your NGD!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-14-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Well, this is highly subjective so I'm just gonna ignore what others have said and let you know what I think. The length is not tight in E and even F, quite pleasant really, no significant difference observed. Definitely works well in D, C and even B! It retains its sound/tonal quality which obviously deteriorates as it goes lower. But definitely quality enough for me because I prioritise playability. I don't have the biggest hands so I think I wouldn't exceed 26.0" at the very most for a normal guitar. But my suggestion would be to go with as long as you're comfortable with, there doesn't seem to be much tightness involved.

However, as Bruce has advocated multiple times, the larger the scale difference, the closer you pick towards the saddle on the treble side and even with this mild difference, I can see this phenomenon at work, especially with palm muted fingerpicking. So if you do want a longer bass, I would recommend increasing the treble as side as well.

And the increased bass length definitely imparts a greater bass presence which is very pleasing and not overpowering. I have a Michaud OO-R with a 25.0" bass side length for comparison to rule out differences due to different builders and the 25.75" definitely has greater dropped tuning potential. If I had bigger hands, I would love to go with something like 25.25-26.0 or 25.5-26.25! Especially since I drop trebles too. I hope this helps! Anymore questions please feel free to ask. I went through this process as well and would love any advice I could get. Just don't hold me responsible if it isn't what you like!
For what it's worth, my friends who have tried it, with full knowledge of it being a fanned fret and even looked at it before picking it up, when asked what they thought of the fanned fret looked at me and remarked, "oh! It's a fanned fret??"

Just goes to show how subtle a fanned fret really is, even visually. It is easy to spot one here on the forum straight away but in person, it really isn't as obvious as it seems! Haha

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-14-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Tom, how is this now? I eradicated the lizard problem.

And one more case shot for the road. I know you guys are getting sick of this but I am just stalling! Please forgive me ><

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-14-2015, 10:16 AM

I've been playing my Moon-Tree OOr now for two days and love everything about it. I should do my own new guitar day!

Joel really nailed what he took to Memphis...
Old 06-14-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Tom, how is this now? I eradicated the lizard problem.

And one more case shot for the road. I know you guys are getting sick of this but I am just stalling! Please forgive me ><

Yes, much happier now. OK just so I am straight on everything, the crack in the top was fake, the scar on the dog was real, but not a scar, but poop, the crack has been fixed via photoshop and the dog has had plastic surgery to remove its scar and the case is beautiful and hopefully easy to clean just in case it is attacked by future lizard bombs.

Whew, I think maybe tonight I will be able to sleep soundly unless I dream of roaming lizards with diarrhea issues....hmmmmm
Old 06-14-2015, 10:39 AM

Talking

Quote:
Thanks Neelix! I am sure your Kostal is going to be just as fantastic It isn't too far away!! Thank you for your well wishes and I'm looking forward to your NGD!
Thanks Marcus! I can't wait! A few more months to go. I hope you post some videos soon. I would love to hear you play your new Michaud! I truly enjoyed following your thread. It was very entertaining!! Cheers!

Neelix
Old 06-14-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
I've been playing my Moon-Tree OOr now for two days and love everything about it. I should do my own new guitar day!

Joel really nailed what he took to Memphis...
Jay, you definitely should!!! I look forward to it

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-14-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, much happier now. OK just so I am straight on everything, the crack in the top was fake, the scar on the dog was real, but not a scar, but poop, the crack has been fixed via photoshop and the dog has had plastic surgery to remove its scar and the case is beautiful and hopefully easy to clean just in case it is attacked by future lizard bombs.

Whew, I think maybe tonight I will be able to sleep soundly unless I dream of roaming lizards with diarrhea issues....hmmmmm
now I'm just going to lock her up, and surround the safe with lizard traps.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-14-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks Marcus! I can't wait! A few more months to go. I hope you post some videos soon. I would love to hear you play your new Michaud! I truly enjoyed following your thread. It was very entertaining!! Cheers!

Neelix
I can't post any videos so soon. Unlike some of the members here, I am unable to do my own recordings. My friend who is in charge of that is tied up these few weeks so a video will have to wait D: you guys will definitely get one though and thanks for following. I am definitely going to stalk yours once it's up

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-15-2015, 04:09 AM

Talking

[QUOTE=Marcus Wong;4532597]I can't post any videos so soon. Unlike some of the members here, I am unable to do my own recordings. My friend who is in charge of that is tied up these few weeks so a video will have to wait D: you guys will definitely get one though and thanks for following. I am definitely going to stalk yours once it's up [/

Yours was great! Maybe I will figure out how to post a pic once in a while! I am hopeless when it comes down to these things. I am happy I can figure out how to log in on the AGF!Trust me, it won't be something to brag about! Ha,ha!

I am sure your video will be great! Looking forward to it!
It won't be filmed in the Galapagos will it? Hope not!!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Yours was great! Maybe I will figure out how to post a pic once in a while! I am hopeless when it comes down to these things. I am happy I can figure out how to log in on the AGF!Trust me, it won't be something to brag about! Ha,ha!

I am sure your video will be great! Looking forward to it!
It won't be filmed in the Galapagos will it? Hope not!!
Haha! No worries. I might be young but I still needed guidance to post photos. If no one gets you there, I will.

Oh heck no! Not with all the large lizards there I am considering an outdoor shoot this time though we shall see.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
joel michaud, lucky strike, micahud made, ngd, the tree