The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-19-2006, 02:22 PM

Default have anyone heard or tried this pick-up

i was just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this new pick-up from AER. it is called the ak15 plus pick-upsystem: www.aer-amps.de/AK15plus/korea_pu.htm
there is a guitar shop near me that installed a demo pick-up into one of the guitars for sale i think it was a breedlove, but a customer came in played the guitar then plugged it in and said that he had to have the guitar so they sold it. from what the shop owner tells me he said that he has tried almost every pick-up out there (K&K, PUTW, LR Baggs, Fisman, Sunrise, B-band), and feel that this is the best pick-up system he has heard to date. His pick-up of choice before this was either the B-band systems or the LR Baggs stuff i.e., element, i-beam, or both imix.

just wondering because just from talking to him makes me want to try one out. it looks pretty promising but i am concerned about it being a undersaddle. i feel that no undersaddle pick-up is going to give me that true acoustic sound, or at least try to get the acoustic sound and dynamics of my guitar but louder.

thanks,
chris
Old 07-20-2006, 11:30 PM

No. Sorry...

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification