The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Wow, that is just fantastic looking! Love that guitar, congratulations!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:11 PM
Charter Member

Another beauty. Seriously thinking of a custom order in this woody veneer.

Question for the two owners - do you have electrics (pickups) installed? If so, what? I want to say that the one on the website (the fan fret first one he did) has an LR Baggs system in it, I think? Mine had fishman barn door. Just wondering what's the favored coming out of the Emerald Isle these days in the X20...

Also, does anyone know if anyone has had a short scale done on an X20? That would be another thing I'd like.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Another beauty. Seriously thinking of a custom order in this woody veneer.

Question for the two owners - do you have electrics (pickups) installed? If so, what? I want to say that the one on the website (the fan fret first one he did) has an LR Baggs system in it, I think? Mine had fishman barn door. Just wondering what's the favored coming out of the Emerald Isle these days in the X20...

Also, does anyone know if anyone has had a short scale done on an X20? That would be another thing I'd like.
Their latest video on FB showcased other veneers that are superb looking, you should check it out. As for pick ups, sorry can't help you there, I don't gig at all so I had mine without any pickups and they were gracious to reflect that on the final price. I'm sure other will chime in.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

I have one of the February Select Series X20s - it came with the LR Baggs Element Active System pickup. Dials just inside the soundhole for tone and volume. I think that is the system Emerald is using, but I am aware of one customer who had a B-Band installed in his current guitar. The X7 I bought last year has the B-Band (barndoor) installed.

I do believe they will work with you if you have a different pickup in mind.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 AM

I'm debating whether or not to add a pickup. I don't need one since I no longer perform plugged in. And I don't want to play for a pickup I won't use and lock in the choice while pickup technology marches on.

Per Sean earlier this week, installing a pickup in an Emerald is a pretty standard deal, just like any other acoustic guitar. They do not drill out the endpin hole to the standard 1/2" unless a pickup / endpin jack is going in at the factory -- but they can if you ask.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Beautiful Guitar!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 04-28-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I believe that is an option you can request, but I don't know of anyone who has one yet. That is something I am interested in too and would pursue except for the curse of path dependency in that I already have a standard X20 with a 25.5" scale and a Lucky 13 with its shorter but standard 24 and 3/4" scale.

Sean at Emerald should be able to work with you as needed to get you exactly what you request.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 04-28-2017, 10:22 AM

Beautiful!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I have an X7 on order with short scale (24.9"). Expect it to ship in just over a week. Will post my impressions! X20 would be just as doable as X7, I would think.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber