The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-03-2017, 12:24 PM

Default Cordoba Master Series - On the Lookout!

Shame on you guys and gals - you've peaked my interest in finding a previously owned master series Hauser or Torres. PM me if you know where one might be found. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2017, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

I don't see used ones crop up too often, but you might keep an eye out on Reverb and the Bay. Good luck, now that we have PIQUED your interest. Sorry—I can't help myself!
:-)
-Bob
Old 04-03-2017, 05:07 PM

https://reverb.com/item/4116627-cord...gelmann-spruce
Old 04-03-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesson11 View Post
now that we have PIQUED your interest. Sorry—I can't help myself!
:-)
-Bob

Bob...shame on ME, I'm the son of an advanced placement English teacher....sigh. Too many games without a helmut (as my mom the teacher used to say).
Old 04-03-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
I noticed spruce/mahogany one a few days ago and unfortunately I'm more of a rosewood person. Savage has this one and I'm very tempted:

https://www.savageclassical.com/prod...1-spruce-eirw/

I would prefer one of the smaller models and I so wish the Esteso didn't have a nitro finish, as I'm super allergic to formaldehyde....it's not easy growing old.

Fred
Old 04-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsnax View Post
Bob...shame on ME, I'm the son of an advanced placement English teacher....sigh. Too many games without a helmut (as my mom the teacher used to say).
It happens to all of us. I'm a life-long English major, and a former math major recently caught me misusing kudos. it's singular, not plural, which I knew quite well!
-Bob
Old 04-05-2017, 01:40 PM

Update....

Pulled the trigger on a Master Series Torres. Scored a great deal on Reverb on a new one. Should arrive in a couple of days - I'll post a note and a couple of photos.

Thanks!

Fred
Old 04-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Update....

Pulled the trigger on a Master Series Torres. Scored a great deal on Reverb on a new one. Should arrive in a couple of days - I'll post a note and a couple of photos.

Thanks!

Fred
NICE!!! Love the look of the Torres model Fred. If I was still in classical mode, the Torres and the Hauser would both be on my radar. But I sold my C12 here a couple of months ago because I'm just totally focused on flamenco-ish styles at this time in my life. Still... that small bodied Torres seems like it would make an amazing couch guitar. I wish they'd build a blanca flamenco that size. I use my two Minis as my "noodling" TV watching couch guitars right now.

Anyways... yes... please give us your review of that Torres once you've played her. I was watching a Hauser last year on ebay that went for under $1500. Was SO close to pulling the trigger on that. In the end, I wasn't sure that the actual tone and playability would have been noticeably better compared to the C12 that I already had. It was an amazing classical.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Update....

Thanks!

Fred
Congrats, Fred. There are quite a few new ones listed on Reverb and the Bay, so it sounds like you found a seller who recognized the competitive situation! If you've never played a Torres size/shape, I think you'll be in for a big treat. I have a Hill Performance Torres, and it is an ergonomic dream. It just seems to fit perfectly, and it reduces the out-and-up reach of your left hand and arm. It's a godsend for me due to several injuries. I hope you love it. Let us know!
-Bob
Old 04-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Welcome to the club! Your gonna love it. I bought one a couple of months ago with no regrets. The only problem is I can't bear to sell my 630mm Hill Performance (I was going to replace it with the Cordoba Torres) so now I have too many guitars They are both great guitars in different ways.

TK
Old 04-06-2017, 03:21 AM

Thanks everyone! I will post a review after I settle in with the new Torres. My other classical is a fantastic Kenny Hill New World Player 650 spruce I purchased from Larry Darnell this past fall. It was a new guitar that had been damaged and subsequently repaired in the Hill shop. The New World guitar is phenomenal...one of those magic instruments for me. Easy to play, gorgeous tone, even across all registers. Years ago I owned a Hill Master series crossover, but learned quickly that I do prefer a traditional classical neck - that Hill was a Torres body-style instrument and I loved the feel of the smaller dimensions.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:56 PM

FYI everyone I have a Cordoba Master Series Torres in great shape for sale in the classifieds. It's at http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=468434

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical