The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-08-2017, 01:45 AM

Thanks Fran for all your insight.

Okay I have an M/S plugin that works with my Auria pro. I'll have a further play with it. I do have a powered hub for direct recording but I'd rather just be able to import a file so I can have freedom of the mic not attached to anything. The idea being I can record sound via the zoom and sync with the video from my compact camera.

TBH I've been slack trying to use Auria pro since GB is much simpler for me to queue up. I'll keep working away at it though since it's much more capable.

It seems I maybe able to use a wifi card reader or possibly a wifi enabled SD card although they seem mostly orientated to deal with jpeg and some mov files. But maybe wav and MP3/4 is supported with some. I also have no idea if it would work in the zoom since these are primarily designed for use in non wifi cameras. I'm still looking for solutions.

On the note of just using the mic. I have only been playing around to find out my work flow so far. I'm very limited in my positioning due to my tight space I'm working in but I'll sort something.

I have heard some very good recordings using the H2n for vox and guitar on you tube. So I'm confident this unit can get the job done. But I'll have to develop the skills myself to really maximize the results.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD