The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-21-2018, 04:00 AM

Default Moen UL-CP inexpensive compressor pedal

I bought myself an in-expensive compressor pedal. My original intent for getting it was to mount it on my guitar strap and have it between my guitar pickup/pre-amp and the TonewoodAmp as the TWA often clip with the type of songs I have, when moving from low to high intensity playing/strumming. And the TWA has no compressor.

In the end I'm not sure I will use the compressor with the TWA, instead I'm looking forward to get the HyVibe guitar in June, as that one has compressor in the feature list. However, I really like what the UL-CP does to my acoustic guitar when using it together with my Cube Street EX. And the compressor is very quite, impressive for such a low priced pedal!

I actually ordered the Moen AM-CP but for some reason got the UL-CP. I don't know what differs between them though, and I'm happy with what I got.

I like being fully "battery powered", especially re-using the NiMH AA batteries I already have, so I'm also experimenting with creating my own flexible power pack from where I can get a few different voltages. 7 NiMH batteries gives me around 9 volts, a bit more than the theoretical 8.4 volts (but I guess it would go down a little for higher load from more pedals). I also want to be able to get around 12 volts to power a TC-Helicon Play Acoustic in case I buy that.

One bad thing with the Moen UL-CP is that it has negative in the middle pin from the external power supply, while I Berhringer I have has positive in the middle.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification