The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-13-2017, 06:54 AM

Default EAE/Sunburst gear pa. Really that good?

I have not read one bad review about these amps/personal p.a. The only criticism I have read is that 40w is not enough to compete with a loud drunken bar crowd. Great, cause I am not looking for that. What I am looking for is something that sounds great at lower than a rock concert SPL. These seem to fit the bill. Quality sound, quality mixer, made in U.S.A, battery powered, very competitive price. So whats not to like about them?
But why have two brands? It seems the Elite Acoustics Engineering is their pro line and Sunburst Gear is their prosummer line. I am gassing for the EAE A4-8.
I know this is the wrong place to ask this but, take my gas away, if you can. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1qvSsFCAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vkOXxqnM6c
Old 11-13-2017, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

I have both EAE and Sunburst amps and the build quality and sound quality is identical. Get either based on the price/features you need. Unbelievably good sound from both at moderate volumes, plus they blow away any other Bluetooth speakers on the market for general music applications, TV, etc.

Highly recommended!!
Old 11-15-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdog49 View Post
I have both EAE and Sunburst amps and the build quality and sound quality is identical. Get either based on the price/features you need. Unbelievably good sound from both at moderate volumes, plus they blow away any other Bluetooth speakers on the market for general music applications, TV, etc.

Highly recommended!!

Thanks for the reply. They seem highly regarded but not much info about them. Three different German audio critics tested some EAE speakers and came out with pretty much a 4.7 out of 5 rating. Overall power is what kept them from getting a full 5 star average. These seem perfect for small rooms/practice and using them as studio monitors for recording.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:34 AM

I just preordered the D6-8 version. I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and some of my hearing in my right. As a result I play much softer music than I once did. Right now I am doing a sort of jazz fingerstyle thing with two vocals (mine plus a girl singer). This model will handle my guitar plus two vocals, plus an occasional guest sitting in. It should be all I need on smaller gigs, and give me an excellent monitor experience on larger gigs. Plus, it will give me control of how I sound when I plug into a house system.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:21 PM

I just got the D6-8 a couple of days ago, and I posted my feelings on the thread specifically about this amp. Basically, it is the best low volume amp I’ve ever heard. Very limited output volume though. If you push it, it distorts and all that lush magic disappears. I might just keep my Bose L1 system for loud gigs, and use this for extremely easy low volume gigs, or gigs where there is a house sound system. With a house system, I would use this to control the mix and for monitoring.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification