The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyAxe View Post
I play a local winery often, and I intentionally play at a lower volume than I would in any other room of that size. They're in the business of selling wine. They do that by having tastings, and the potential customers want to talk about wine with the staff. Too loud, and they can't hear each other. My job is to play to the folks at the tables who are enjoying their choice(s), and (hopefully) encourage them to stay for another glass (or bottle!) ... they can hear me well enough.
Yeah makes sense. I don't think they were trying to overpower the room--I think the monitor shows how they couldn't hear the Compact very well given its placement, which removed its benefit as a combination PA/monitor.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:09 PM

I love wine. Sorry, carry on.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:46 PM

Wine? Wine? Did somebody say *wine?*
Old 11-23-2017, 01:22 PM

Have tried to replace my L-1 CLASSIC and cannot find anything that really works for me. This system always gets compliments. We get the “you guys are good” often enough to maybe believe it 😳, but we always get compliments on the system. Never offensively loud, always clear and the sound fills most any room. If we were a rock band then we might be using a different system. Matter of fact, we played a nice winery in an outdoor setting recently. The owners and staff (audience also) were amazed at the sound. We had played this same venue before but indoors.
Perhaps, I should look at the newer Bose system.....
Old 11-23-2017, 02:16 PM

Too bad there aren't any weed bars, cause then there would be less yakking and more listening and less worrying about being heard over the crowd noise. That's my one-sentence editorial. Carry on.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Too bad there aren't any weed bars, cause then there would be less yakking and more listening and less worrying about being heard over the crowd noise. That's my one-sentence editorial. Carry on.
I just got a business idea........
Old 11-24-2017, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
I just got a business idea........
Weed and Wine? Actually Yoga studios are where you will find the listening crowd. That's my untapped resource, don't tell anyone. Less drunk dudes and more women. But don't tell anyone. It's our little secret.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Howell View Post
It depends on the size of the room you are playing. The L1 is superb but in a smaller room - say 40 to 50 people - I think the Compact has a nicer sound as the L2 is too much.
Too much?
Huh?
There is a volume control.
If volume is 'too much' turn the volume down.

BTW there is no L2.
There is:
L1 C, with 6 speakers
L1 S, with 12
L1 Model 2, with 24

I have the L1 Model 2 and it has never been 'too much'.
I'd imagine a Maserati is wonderful to drive at 45 MPH too.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:04 AM

I need to stay off this forum. You guys are talking me into doubleing my budget and get a L1C with the T1 mixer. Thomann.de has a bundle deal for both thats hard to pass up. Just stop it already.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification