The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 11-03-2017, 07:25 PM

Default Tribute to Bill Collings concerts

I have put together three shows in December, as a tribute to Bill Collings. These shows are sponsored by Collings and D'Addario. They will be in three different cities, and each will feature different guest artists. All three of them will include the Collings Trio, that is the group consisting of myself, Mark Cosgrove, and Roy Curry. All three of us are past national flatpicking champions, Mark in 1997, I'm a two time winner and Roy is a three time champion. So here are the dates and venues, and below I will break down who some of our guests will be.

12/05- The Mudville Listening Room, Jacksonville Fl
12/06- Midwood Guitar Studio, Charlotte NC
12/07- The Isis Music Hall, Asheville NC

Guests at the Jacksonville show include Barry Lee Harwood (The Rossington Collins Band), Carol Bristow Zur (.38 Special and Lynyrd Skynyrd backup singer) and Page Clark on dobro.
Guests in Charlotte so far include 13 year old phenom Presley Barker, Dale Meyer, and Daniel Thrailkill.
Guests in Asheville include 1997 National Fingerstyle champion Todd Hallawell, and Lindsay Pruett (violinist with the Jon Stickley Trio).
These are all guests who have said they would come out and play a few tunes with us, there will likely be others as the dates grow closer. For advance tickets to each show ( I strongly suggest advance tix if you are considering going) contact the venues for reservations. For the Jax show, contact Ray Lewis at [email protected] or call 904-352-7008. For the Charlotte show, tickets are at Midwood Guitar show. For tickets to the Isis Music Hall, go to http://isisasheville.com/event/colli...bill-collings/. Thanks, hope you can join us. Please feel free to ask any questions here in the comments or send me a PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases