The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-13-2017, 08:40 AM

Default Autum leaves - which version?

Hi all

I am an intermediate level fingerstyle player and am keen to work on, and learn Autumn leaves. My requirements are that the arrangement is both available in decent tab and also to view on video as I find these speed up my learning process hugely.

I like many of the very jazzy versions such as Sunga Jung’s (but this is just too difficult for me at this stage) and have downloaded the more classical version played by Yenne Lee but am concerned that this looks both too “classical” in arrangement but also very very long.

Can anybody recommend a good version that is challenging and sounds good and fulfils the above criteria?

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig
Old 12-13-2017, 10:08 AM

I have a very simple chord-melody arrangement I sometimes give my students - real basic stuff you can add detail to according to your skill level. PM me if you want a copy.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:24 PM

Can't promise this is the best version, but one of the simplest to learn, includes tab, and is free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-imlnU9lQ

Old 12-13-2017, 03:14 PM

That's nice! Fred Sokolow has a version on his "Jazz Standards for Beginners" DVD that's pretty much along the same line. He has several other tunes on the same DVD that demonstrate how you can play tunes like this down at the nut and have the melody fall right out of simple chord positions. The tab becomes virtually needless in these situations.

Last edited by AX17609; 12-13-2017 at 03:25 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write