The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-17-2023, 08:58 AM

Default NUX Optima air software

So I finally found one and got it home. My quest to make a piezo cavaquinho sound like a cavaquinho progresses. I figured out how to create an IR. Now I want to use the included software.

I though it would be like the Line6 gear:- actually connecting to and editing the unit. The NUX control panel says connected but the software says not. Also there appears to be no support section on their website other than manuals download.

Any clues?
Old 04-17-2023, 12:36 PM

Firmware update?
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 04-17-2023, 11:34 PM

The Optima air unit connects to your computer with the USB output. I assume that is what you're trying to do.

If the software doesn't show it connected, there could be a number of ways to resolve the issue:
  1. Power up the Optima Air before connecting the USB
  2. Do not start the software until after you first connect the Optima Air
  3. Connect with a new USB cable to see if the cable is the problem
  4. If you're connecting through a USB hub, try connecting directly to your computer.
  5. If you're using an adapter to connect your computer, the adapter could also be the problem.
  6. If these steps don't work I would contact NUX: https://www.nuxefx.com/company.html

I contacted their "USA Branch" email ([email protected]) and the responded back within an hour.

Once you are connected it is editing directly to your unit. So once you change something in the software, it saves it onto the unit.

Here is a post from last month where someone had the same issue. For one person it ended up being a bad USB cable and another person had a problem due to a USB adapter: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=661878
Custom MJ (Cedar & African Blackwood)
Eastman E40 OM
Taylor 816ce Builder's Edition
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Taylor T5 Koa

“The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.” –James Taylor

Last edited by aschroeder; 04-18-2023 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:33 AM

Thanks. I will try the email option. Its an odd thing. I know its connecting because the NUX control panel can see it. Also my audio settings automatically change to NUX Audio and I can hear computer audio via the pedal's headphone jack.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:58 AM

Thanks. I will try the email option. Its an odd thing. I know its connecting because the NUX control panel can see it. Also my audio settings automatically change to NUX Audio and I can hear computer audio via the pedal's headphone jack.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:57 AM

I think I had a similar problem with my Nux NSS-5 (same Verdugo platform) and the firmware update solved it...
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 04-22-2023, 10:17 AM

For the record, here is the answer that worked:
NUX help suggested that I update all the drivers. (obviously, the first thing I did!). Then they suggested uninstalling the NUX ASIO driver. Since you can't actually do that, I uninstalled the NUX firmware.

That did it.

I don't know what the firmware did anyway other than let me know that I connected an Optima air and allow me to route my computer sound back to my Optima air pedal.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:44 AM

Hey guys,

I counted 11 USB-cables in my house which was a surprise to me as well. Only one worked with the NuX.

cu

erniecaster
Old 12-02-2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdoh View Post
For the record, here is the answer that worked:
NUX help suggested that I update all the drivers. (obviously, the first thing I did!). Then they suggested uninstalling the NUX ASIO driver. Since you can't actually do that, I uninstalled the NUX firmware.

That did it.

I don't know what the firmware did anyway other than let me know that I connected an Optima air and allow me to route my computer sound back to my Optima air pedal.
How did you manage to uninstall the firmware? or did you do a factory reset?
I'm having the exact same issue as you - i can see the pedal being recognised by my PC as my audio output changes to the NUX audio, but the software says that it's disconnected.
Have tried every micro-usb cable i own

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
nux, software