The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannx View Post
Make sure to tell that to all the women in your life, especially your daughters if you have any.
I'm not saying there are none, and I'm not saying there won't be any in the future. I'm saying there are few right now, and I truly believe that.

Sandy suggested Rosa Parks. I disagree with that not because Parks was a black woman, but because a black man had engaged in the exact sort of civil disobedience as Parks well before Parks did it, and ended up on a chain gang as a result.

Quote:
Do you think that only white males qualify?
I'm sure I don't understand why you would utter something so ridiculous. I've never made any statement which would suggest that. In fact, I've stated just the opposite with regards to Harriet Tubman.

Quote:
I know you have strong opinions, and share them in a straight up style. But this is offensive on so many levels. It's the same attitude that kept women from voting for so many years, why we have so few in congress, and have never had a woman president.
Again, your comments, directed at me, are off base. Go educate yourself on what I actually said. These intentional mischaracterizations of my opinions are growing old.

Quote:
And it only takes one woman. Out of the entire U.S. history, is there not one woman you can think of that would deserve the honor?
You continue to ask a question which I've already answered.

Last edited by Glennwillow; 03-26-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: rule #1
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic