The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-25-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens lost 3-2 in OT. Crosby had the game on his stick late in the third period. the Blues' goalie, Allen, was sprawled in the crease. The top 3/4 of the net was wide open and Sid backhanded one from about 10 feet out in front. His shot sailed over the cage by about 5 feet. Ugh. Worst of all the two goals that the Blues got to tie the game in regulation were by ex-Pens, Marcel Goc and Robert Bortuzzo. Not exactly Mario Lemieux and Paul Coffey.

P.S. Congrats on the new SG! Just saw that in the 'Electric' subforum. Rock on!!
Thanks Cat! It's a sweet guitar (aren't they all).

The Maple Leafs last home game didn't sell out ... first time in 13 years. Wow. It's about time the fans started showing their displeasure.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:29 PM

Well, the Bruins lost but picked up a point. Tied with Ottawa for the last wildcard spot but Ottawa has a game in hand.

Going to be a great final 2 weeks!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Well, the Bruins lost but picked up a point. Tied with Ottawa for the last wildcard spot but Ottawa has a game in hand.

Going to be a great final 2 weeks!
Not for the Pens I fear. Got their butts kicked by Carolina 5-2 last night. You know last place Carolina who are vying for a lottery pick. Sheesh what a mess the Pens are right now.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-28-2015, 06:51 AM

Yep, both the Pens and Bruins are having issues and they're my two favorite teams. It's been a great few years but this one is a nail biter. I'm not worried about the Pens making the playoffs but the Bruins I'm not sure. If they both make it, it may be a quick first round.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:09 PM

Bruins and Penguins both won today! I had the Bruins/Rangers game on today and the Bruins were playing great hockey. They looked like a totally different team. Rask was hurt ... not sure what the prognosis it.

Cat - did you watch the Pens game? Crosby was the 1st star with 3 points. Leading the league in points.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Bruins and Penguins both won today! I had the Bruins/Rangers game on today and the Bruins were playing great hockey. They looked like a totally different team. Rask was hurt ... not sure what the prognosis it.

Cat - did you watch the Pens game? Crosby was the 1st star with 3 points. Leading the league in points.
Hey Dru! Glad the Bruins won! Rask getting hurt is a bummer! Hope he's alright.
I watched the Pens and Coyotes. For two and a half periods it looked like the Pens would not score. Then Crosby became Crosby and that was pretty much it.

Bad news is that Letang sustained a serious looking head injury. My wife just told me that the Pens are reporting he's being kept in the hospital overnight for observation. With his history of concussions this could be very bad.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-28-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Hey Dru! Glad the Bruins won! Rask getting hurt is a bummer! Hope he's alright.
I watched the Pens and Coyotes. For two and a half periods it looked like the Pens would not score. Then Crosby became Crosby and that was pretty much it.

Bad news is that Letang sustained a serious looking head injury. My wife just told me that the Pens are reporting he's being kept in the hospital overnight for observation. With his history of concussions this could be very bad.
Terrible news about Letang. That could very well be a couple of weeks if there are any concussion symptoms. They could rename the team "The Pittsburgh Injuries". The logo would be a hockey player hunched over with a bunch of battle scars and missing teeth (the usual hockey stereotype).

Edit: I saw the Letang hit. Ouch! I hope he's ok.

Last edited by Dru Edwards; 03-28-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Terrible news about Letang. That could very well be a couple of weeks if there are any concussion symptoms. They could rename the team "The Pittsburgh Injuries". The logo would be a hockey player hunched over with a bunch of battle scars and missing teeth (the usual hockey stereotype).

Edit: I saw the Letang hit. Ouch! I hope he's ok.
Sorry to say that it has been confirmed by HC Mike Johnston that Letang has a concussion. It appears unlikely that he will return to action until the playoffs at the earliest.

The Pens are now without two top defensemen: Ehrhoff and Letang. Their Salary Cap situation will prevent them from bringing up a D from their AAA farm team for the game tonight against the Sharks. Coach Johnston said that they will have forward Daniel Winnik take some shifts as a defensemen to give a breather to the regular D. In other news forward David Perron will likely miss his second game this weekend tonight with an illness.

This is all bad stuff but the worst news was that Mike Johnston's mother passed away on Friday. He was on the bench yesterday for the game against the Coyotes and will coach the team tonight against the Sharks before leaving for Nova Scotia. So sad.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-29-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Sorry to say that it has been confirmed by HC Mike Johnston that Letang has a concussion. It appears unlikely that he will return to action until the playoffs at the earliest.

The Pens are now without two top defensemen: Ehrhoff and Letang. Their Salary Cap situation will prevent them from bringing up a D from their AAA farm team for the game tonight against the Sharks. Coach Johnston said that they will have forward Daniel Winnik take some shifts as a defensemen to give a breather to the regular D. In other news forward David Perron will likely miss his second game this weekend tonight with an illness.

This is all bad stuff but the worst news was that Mike Johnston's mother passed away on Friday. He was on the bench yesterday for the game against the Coyotes and will coach the team tonight against the Sharks before leaving for Nova Scotia. So sad.
I had read that Letang had a concussion. Terrible news.

I hadn't heard about Johnston's mother. Looks like he's going to Halifax for the funeral.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Boston and Detroit tonight. You watching JPD? The Bruins are just 2 points back of the Red Wings (how did that happen?)
Old 04-03-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Boston and Detroit tonight. You watching JPD? The Bruins are just 2 points back of the Red Wings (how did that happen?)

Dru....computer died, using a library computer!...I watched that game.....Boston is going to make it...but Detroits injuries and goalie problem spell DOOM for the Wings
Old 04-03-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Dru....computer died, using a library computer!...I watched that game.....Boston is going to make it...but Detroits injuries and goalie problem spell DOOM for the Wings
Ottawa is only 3 points behind both the Bruins and the Red Wings. Going to be a wild final week.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:54 PM

Wow, the Pens lost to the Blue Jackets. The Pens need to win a couple of more to make sure they make the playoffs.

Bruins and Maple Leafs tonight.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:31 PM

Look out below........ Penguins are flightless birds and they are certainly looking that way right now. Last game of the season against Buffalo is almost a sure win with Buffalo looking to tank for the draft pick; but the way they're playing and with Letang and Malkin out they could easily lose their next 3 to to the Flyers, Sens, and Isles before that.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-05-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Look out below........ Penguins are flightless birds and they are certainly looking that way right now. Last game of the season against Buffalo is almost a sure win with Buffalo looking to tank for the draft pick; but the way they're playing and with Letang and Malkin out they could easily lose their next 3 to to the Flyers, Sens, and Isles before that.
I have the Pens/Flyers game on TV. It's 2-1 Flyers currently. Pens need a solid, well played win and try to build off that.

Bruins/Senators/Red Wings all won last night. Going to be a great final week!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic