The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenT View Post
OOOOO! An updated OO-28, very exciting.

That OO-28 does look really good. Love the aging toner on it, bet it sounds bell-like.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I don't even want to know how you know this.
Hey...I went shopping a couple weeks ago too? Not that I can wear 'em...but they got that kind of stuff...

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:35 AM
Charter Member

I see they are doing this “reimagine” to already redesigned rosewood guitars such as OM-21/28. Anyone know if they will change the Mahogany series as well? ie D-18, 000-18, etc?
Old 01-13-2018, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYHIGH View Post
I see they are doing this “reimagine” to already redesigned rosewood guitars such as OM-21/28. Anyone know if they will change the Mahogany series as well? ie D-18, 000-18, etc?
The D-18 and 000-18 already got the scalloped bracing, tuners, aged toner, and MLO/PA taper neck in 2012 and 2014 respectively. So the rest of the line is getting the upgrade now after the runaway success of the two 18s.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4250 shipped
Old 01-13-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
The D-18 and 000-18 already got the scalloped bracing, tuners, aged toner, and MLO/PA taper neck in 2012 and 2014 respectively. So the rest of the line is getting the upgrade now after the runaway success of the two 18s.
This. Martin did the 0 and 00 as well. That said, it does show the OM-28 and OM-21 as updated models, hence the slight confusion. I think they got very small aesthetic tweaks (inlay, backstrip, etc) since they’d already been revised along with the 18 series models.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:32 AM

The new standard series is a welcome relief because it has cured my gas for a new Martin!

Between the neck shape that I find very uncomfortable and the 1 3/4" nut (I'll be playing only 1 11/16" from here to the finish line), I have zero gas for once!

Well done, Martin! My wallet thanks you!
Old 01-16-2018, 08:19 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Oh Brother! GAS Overload! Maury, I have you speed dial.

I can't believe it happened again. I bought two guitars in 2016/2017 that have both upgraded with exactly the same features I wanted when I compromised at purchase. *Face Palm* My music gear is now no different than my iPhone. LOL

Specifically, I just bought a D12-28, which is a nice guitar, but I would have definitely sprung for the new features. So, I have to play one and see if it sounds better, or just looks better. Otherwise, I've gone through a bunch of gig guitars trying to find the one. What I've wanted all along was an HD-28 / HD-28V with the new neck and a good pickup system. I tried the Retros with the awesome F1+ pickup, but couldn't find one that had the right acoustic tone. And, they are so rare that you could't be picky. Unfortunately, I don't think VT Enhance is the answer for me, but now you can get a forward shifted/scalloped braced HD-28 with the new neck and DROP IN saddle, should I choose to go with a Matrix and Aura pedal.

Besides that, they gave me gas for a 40 series. I have no practical use for a 40 series. But, now they come with my favorite neck and forward shifted bracing.
Drool.....
Haha! Good.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 01-16-2018, 08:22 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
I will call you when they are available! :-) Gonna be a very good year for Martin sales! and hopefully for our AGF sponsors who sell Martins. :-)
Thanks! These will be available Jan 25 and we appreciate the opportunity to earn your business!
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 01-16-2018, 08:24 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
* I have a 2014 D18 I bought new back then that has become my fav and I perform with it as well....I recently purchased a 00018e Retro to gig along with it because I like the F1 Aura Plus system.

** However, as rumoured, I don't see the F1 being offered on the Retro for 2018 being replaced with the easier to use VT Enhance because I think the F1 was too complicated for many folks and did not sell.…that's too bad because I played both systems a lot thru my rig and found the F1 to be a much better system in several ways for what I do as a working musician.

*** The VTE is decent, but does not blend enough of the none adjustable single Aura image into the Matrix and the SBT blend's tone ie the ENHANCE, was thin and unusable for me...I'd rather have the Baggs Anthem they offer now on the e-models.

**** Glad I got an F1 version from Maury at a good price while it was still available! But, now even tho I'm a mahogany kind of guy, the D35 looks so much tastier now with neck profile I like, nut, tort-gard, and ANTIQUE binding! oh Maury, throw in an Anthem and send me one! (when I'm rich and famous)

eric
I thought you were rich & famous?
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
I was just about to order a new guitar. I was debating between the D-35 and the new D-28. When does the New D-35 become available?
January 25 at 1pm EST.
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 01-16-2018, 08:55 AM

Having bought a Lowden F23 less than a month ago what the hell am I doing reading this thread....
Fender 'Nashville' Telecaster
Gordon Smith GS1.5
Old 01-16-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Having bought a Lowden F23 less than a month ago what the hell am I doing reading this thread....
A Lowden F23 will definitely cure GAS. If there is a cure..
Old 01-16-2018, 01:51 PM

Am I correct that D21 isn't included in the re-imagined line up... I suppose that makes sense cause it already is 1 3/4 nut, forward shifted and scalloped. But isn't that what the excitement over the new HD28 is? Is there some significant difference between the D21 and HD28 that makes D28 and HD28 get discussed and preferred more than the D21? Or perhaps this is a misconception on my part.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRacc00n View Post
Am I correct that D21 isn't included in the re-imagined line up... I suppose that makes sense cause it already is 1 3/4 nut, forward shifted and scalloped. But isn't that what the excitement over the new HD28 is? Is there some significant difference between the D21 and HD28 that makes D28 and HD28 get discussed and preferred more than the D21? Or perhaps this is a misconception on my part.
The D-21 Special was a limited model, only 300 were built.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
The D-21 Special was a limited model, only 300 were built.
300 ever? Or 300 each year? Now that you mention that, wondering how limited that number is compared to other models.

If 300 ever, then wouldn't that make it even more special? I'm just trying to figure out why (perhaps in my wrong perception) the D21 isn't mentioned or discussed as much.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion