The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-11-2014, 07:05 PM

Default What is this guitar ?? SG guitar but what brand ... ( Gibson ) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtAjY7WMYW4
What do y think it is ??? I noob so ........ oh about the price of that guitar in the picture too ^^
Old 07-12-2014, 01:08 AM

I looked at some other of her videos, and I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of a Gibson logo on the headstock.

Price? There are too many different Gibson SG models, with a wide range of price stickers. Somebody might be able to identify it more accurately?
and a guitar-shaped-object
Old 07-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

..its a Gibson...most likely a model thats out of production...it looks like their current SG Special model in white which they don't offer at this time....heres a link to current SG offerings

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...RmRRoCHLnw_wcB
Old 07-12-2014, 07:50 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its a Gibson SG Special in Alpine White. There are about a million (only a slight exaggeration) Gibson SG configurations ranging from $500 US to $3000+. Gibson SGs come in a bewildering array of configurations.

I just posted on your other thread, and if you do a little research, you can find a real Gibson for about $200 US more than the Epiphone from Ebay.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:35 AM

For sure ?? 200$ for Gibson == only thing i can see with 200$ price is the SG of Epiphone
Old 07-13-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnanasaki View Post
For sure ?? 200$ for Gibson == only thing i can see with 200$ price is the SG of Epiphone
No, $200 MORE than the Epiphone in the other thread. That would put you into a Gibson SGJ14.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:46 PM

Humm thanks ^^ One more ques those she use any amp effect @@ or just raw amp .... i am noob y know ~~
Old 07-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by posternutbag View Post
....Gibson SGs come in a bewildering array of configurations....
Yeah I never understood this - at all.

Why does Gibson sell a Les Paul and a Les Paul Special and a Les Paul Junior and an Epiphone Les Paul and an Epiphone Les Paul Special?

Same with SG's.

I mean if Epiphone is going to be their low-cost line, why sell the Junior and Special models as Gibsons?

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 07-13-2014, 10:04 PM

Definitely not "clean" tone. Some of the posters who play more electric might be able to get more specific, but it sounds like distortion (definitely), chorus (almost certain), some delay (fairly certain), and probably reverb and compression.

One thing you might want to look at:

Paul Gilbert was the guitarist for Racer X and Mr. Big and has great shred tone. Plus he actually takes the time to demo his effects, making this a nice little tutorial.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:36 PM

=)) Woa that new . Say am the beginner should i have those amps effect ?? I sure like the sound of the video i post and wanna play like it
Old 07-13-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnanasaki View Post
=)) Woa that new . Say am the beginner should i have those amps effect ?? I sure like the sound of the video i post and wanna play like it
Not unless you are independently wealthy. If you have $3000 to spend, I am sure we could kit you out with everything you need to sound like the video you posted.

But most people don't do it like that. They acquire gear over time. My suggestion is that unless you just want to blow through some cash, learn to play clean, guitar into amp, and once you have that down begin to add pedals. Distortion and delay, chorus and compression (your amp will probably have reverb), all have their place, but I think you will find it easier to actually learn to play guitar if you only have to worry about guitar and amp.

Once you have a little experience, you will be in a better position to judge what effects you need for "your" sound.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:34 AM

Just about any guitar amp can give you a distorted sound. Perhaps not just like in the videos - but distorted. Many amps have reverb. The current crop of modeling amps tends to have all sorts of effects built in.

Whether the modeling amps respond and sound good is worth months of internet bickering, with people stating their differing opinions as absolute truths, and fiercely disagreeing with any contrary views
Old 07-14-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by posternutbag View Post
Not unless you are independently wealthy. If you have $3000 to spend, I am sure we could kit you out with everything you need to sound like the video you posted.

But most people don't do it like that. They acquire gear over time. My suggestion is that unless you just want to blow through some cash, learn to play clean, guitar into amp, and once you have that down begin to add pedals. Distortion and delay, chorus and compression (your amp will probably have reverb), all have their place, but I think you will find it easier to actually learn to play guitar if you only have to worry about guitar and amp.

Once you have a little experience, you will be in a better position to judge what effects you need for "your" sound.
Thanks your advise help me very much == i don't have 3000$ so gonna add those effect i like one by one ^^ But where i gonna start ?? Some basic ??
Old 07-14-2014, 06:43 AM

What amp do you have? Or do you have one?

posternutbag suggested playing clean first, and I think it is a good idea. Learn to get the best out of your fingers (and pick): when to let the strings resonate, when to mute them, how to keep some of your strings quiet while you play notes on other strings. That will be even more useful when you turn up the gain on your amp for overdrive, or add an overdrive/fuzz/distortion pedal.

Sounds like you like distorted sounds. After clean, I think some way to get distorted is the next thing: either adjusting your amp or getting a pedal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars