The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-06-2014, 09:54 AM

Default Fender Electric Guitars Thread

Fender guitars anyone? Tell us about one(s) you currently own, have owned, or want to own.
Squires welcome and I know we have a lot of Tele fans here.

Here's my 2001 American Standard. I changed the neck/bridge pickups to Seymour Duncan Hotrails a few years back.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Nice, how do you get on with the Seymours?

My 2012 American Standard, all stock apart from some locking tuners from the Deluxe Strats.

Would quite like another at some point, may have a go at building one when I get the time. Keeping thinking about a getting a Tele eventually but not really sure I'd get too much use out of it.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Here are mine..............

[IMG][/IMG]

Olympic White 2009 American Standard upgraded with Callaham Tremelo system and David Allen Tru '62 pickups
Sunburst 2013 American Standard with Callaham Tremelo stsyem and David Allen Vintage Hot '54/'59 pickups
Olympic White 2010 American Standard Tele with Don Rutters Compensated saddles and Rocketfire '52 Buterscotch Blond pickups

Last edited by terrapin; 11-06-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:37 AM

I have a Squier Bullet Strat and a Mustang 1 amp. I bought them just over a year ago as my first guitar and amp. I replaced the nut, added springs to the trem and filed the fret ends when the humidity change caused some fret sprout. Of the experienced guitar players that have picked it up, they were all pleasantly surprised and loved it. All of them suggested changing out the stock crappy pickups, though.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:38 AM

I can't even guess how many Fenders I've owned...dozens. Currently I have a heavily modified Strat, a CV Tele, and a Thinline Tele. Lots of Teles in my past, but I really dig the two I have now. Looking for another to modify.

My favourite Fenders from the past are a'70s Tele Deluxe, and a matching Tele bass from the same period. Would love to have them back.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 AM

Best Strat I've ever owned is his '92 Strat Plus re-equipped with Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot pups. I use the trem bar a lot and love the roller nut.

Also love my '93 1957 Vintage Reissue Strat, also equipped with Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot pups and autographed by Peggy Sue:

I've gone through a lot of old Fender amps over the past 50 yrs, but here's the one I've kept. My '72 Deluxe Reverb:

Last edited by 6L6; 12-09-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:11 AM

Of my 5 Teles this one is my current favorite. It's and American Standard with a Warmoth mahogany/ebony neck.

My one and only Strat. 2012 Mystic Red body and hardware, 1983 neck, and loaded EMG pick guard.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:05 PM

My MIM Tele and the kit Deluxe. I plan on eventually trading up to an Am Std rather than spending a bunch upgrading this one.

The wife has a silver Strat, also Mexican, with new pickups.

Acoustics
2013 Guild F30 Standard
2012 Yamaha LL16
2007 Seagull S12
1991 Yairi DY 50

Electrics
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Am. Standard Telecaster
Gibson ES-335
Gibson Firebird
Old 11-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Here's my American Standard Strat at work:

American Standard Tele snoozing on the bed...

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

2013 American Standard. I could not ask for more!

Old 11-06-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke W View Post
Nice, how do you get on with the Seymours?

My 2012 American Standard, all stock apart from some locking tuners from the Deluxe Strats.

Would quite like another at some point, may have a go at building one when I get the time. Keeping thinking about a getting a Tele eventually but not really sure I'd get too much use out of it.
I like the hotrails but not as much as I like some other Seymours and DiMarzios. I call that Strat my "Iron Maiden" strat since that's what Dave Murray uses.

You've got a great looking Strat! The maple fretboard goes well with the white body/pickguard.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:32 PM

Question.....How do you guys have your Strats set up. Is your action on the low side or is it set up with higher action?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:44 PM

Used to own one of the first late-CBS '52 Tele reissues, modded with a 5-way switch that engaged a Gretsch-style preset tone circuit in the first two positions; still have an Olympic White/RW '86 Squier Strat (my go-to for 25 years and dead stock) and a blackface Frontman 212R that's going to be a project amp when time/money permit - nice combination for classic surf tones as is, though...

Sorry, no pics...
Old 11-06-2014, 08:50 PM

Here is a picture of my Strat that I acquired earlier this year. The picture is of the actual guitar, but provided to me by Sweetwater prior to my purchase. I cannot reveal my age, but it corresponds with the Strat I have.

The pictures I have taken do not provide justice for the beauty of the instrument. This is why I am using Sweetwater's photo.

In all my years, I never owned a Fender guitar. I thought I would go ahead and purchase this one before I got any older in life. I am glad I did. This baby plays like a dream. Thus far I have only plugged it into my Fender 65 Princeton Reverb RI. I really like the tones.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:56 PM

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars