The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-28-2017, 09:18 PM

Default K&K Mini through Fishman Blender

I have installed a Trinity mic in my Larrivee D9 using the Fishman Acoustic Blender. I want to replace the Fishman undersaddle p/u with the K&K Pure Mini. Are there spec issues with that config? I don't want to replace my Blender as it's a solid pre amp.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbplayer View Post
I have installed a Trinity mic in my Larrivee D9 using the Fishman Acoustic Blender. I want to replace the Fishman undersaddle p/u with the K&K Pure Mini. Are there spec issues with that config? I don't want to replace my Blender as it's a solid pre amp.

I'm not familiar with the acoustic blender, but with a quick look, I don't think it provides power for the mic. If that is correct, it won't work. You need a 2 channel blender that supplies 9 volts on the ring of a TRS cable. Like the K&K Quantum, Grace Felix, Pendulum SPS-1, Headway EDB-2, Raven Labs PBM-1, DTar Solstice, etc, etc.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:53 AM
Charter Member

I have a Fishman Pocket Blender that does provide phantom power to the mic. I have no use for it anymore and would sell it for $100.00.
Martin 1966 D-21
MARTIN M-30 JORMA 1933 Shaded top (Dazzo)
MARTIN 2009 000-28M Sunburst #444
MARTIN 2009 000-28M Plain top #26
MARTIN 2018 D-18GE Sinker

and...
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 AM

The Fishman Blender I have controls the stereo blending of mic signal and transducer. It's an out board unit. There is currently a Fishman undersaddle pu being blended with the k&k mic. My goal was too have the transducer replaced with k&k under saddle pure mini. My question is if specs line up.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:03 AM

I'm sticking with the Fishman Blende for now. Seems to work Ok.if it ain't broke.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:44 AM

To all. I got a k&k quantum and couldn't be happier.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:23 AM

I used a Fishman Acoustic Blender system for many years and through interactions with their support was told that the Crown mini mic that is attached to the carpenter jack and feeds the mic channel is run on bias power, not phantom power.

Bias power being a low DC voltage, in this case 4.5 VDC that is provided on a single conductor of an unbalanced cable.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbplayer View Post
To all. I got a k&k quantum and couldn't be happier.
Glad you resolved it…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 03-01-2020, 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=mandowilli;6003652]I used a Fishman Acoustic Blender system for many years and through interactions with their support was told that the Crown mini mic that is attached to the carpenter jack and feeds the mic channel is run on bias power, not phantom power.

Bias power being a low DC voltage, in this case 4.5 VDC that is provided on a single conductor of an unbalanced cable.

Could anyone confirm whether or not the Fishman Acoustic Blender and or the Fishman Pocket Blender system is compatible with the K&K silver bullet micin terms of Phantom/Bias 4.5VDC. IIRC the K&K mic need a tad more power??

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification