The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-26-2017, 07:28 PM

Question Dazzo transducers power question

Do the Dazzo transducers require more power than other systems. Seems that is what is happening with mine. Love the tone but I have to add quite a bit of juice to get those two transducers to pick up the sound. Does anyone know anything about this. Is it normal. I use a Boss VE-8 preamp right now since it has harmonizing, tone shaping, notch, chorus, guitar and vocal effects.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo

Last edited by hotroad; 08-26-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
Do the Dazzo transducers require more power than other systems. Seems that is what is happening with mine. Love the tone but I have to add quite a bit of juice to get those two transducers to pick up the sound. Does anyone know anything about this. Is it normal. I use a Boss VE-8 preamp right now since it has harmonizing, tone shaping, notch, chorus, guitar and vocal effects.
More "power"? You mean you have to use more gain - turn up the bolume knnob? Dazzos are passive, so they wont have as much output as most active system that slready a an oboard preamp stage. They're a bit less hot than k&ks, but hotter than some other passive pickups. It shouldnt be an issue, judt turn the volume knob up until you are the volume you want.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:29 PM

I believe Teddy has his own preamp. You should give him a call.

I've also heard a buddy's Epiphone dread that sounds fantastic with the dazzo's. He uses a Red Eye preamp.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:05 PM

Thanks for these ideas. I will give Teddy a call. I totally love the tone I get from this system and I just have to find the juice to use it. More experimenting is not a bad thing. I must have a large drawer full of preamps to try.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification