The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-07-2003, 10:03 PM

Default Best acoustic guitar mag

I'm looking to get a subscription to a guitar magazine. Acoustic of course. I haven't read any of them yet. And I don't want to make a decision on one months worth of reading them, since content and quality vary month to month.

What I would like is a magazine that has some lessons each month, maybe a cd to go along with that, or a cd of some "attainable" acoustic songs to do. I would like a mix of flatpicking and fingerpicking info too.

Did I just describe Acoustic Guitar Magazine or something else?

Thanks in advance
Blueridge BG-140
Old 07-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Eric Skye

Flatpicking Guitar is an amazing magazine, As the name would imply, it's pretty geared toward flatpicking. But there is so much great info in each one.... I don't know how they do it.

Just Jazz Guitar is another one that is just pregnant with music, lessons, etc. But it's all about jazz, and not particular to acoustic.

Fingerstyle Guitar is pretty good. It gets smaller every year, typo laden, sometimes a little heavy on the open tuning thing for me, but it's worth checking out.

There is a new classical guitar magazine called GuitArt that has a great CD, a tune or two. It's an international ( italian, printed in English ) magazine so it's not cheap. So far I like it a lot.

Acoustic Guitar seems to be the big mainstream magazine. It’s pretty good all around coverage. I think it’s gotten a little better of late. The gear reviews, for instance, aren't all fluff anymore.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:21 AM

I subscribe to Fingerstyle Guitar and Acoustic Guitar.

Here's the links to both:

http://www.fingerstyleguitar.com

http://www.acousticguitar.com/
Taylor T5 C2 Koa
Tacoma C1C-E4
Martin 00-16C
Baby Taylor
Ultrasound Pro-200
Old 07-08-2003, 10:25 AM

I subscribe to Acoustic Guitar Mag. You'll find new music every month in a variety of styles from fingerpicking blues to country and everything in between.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:54 PM

I like Guitar World Acoustic. I guess its easy to find and is well laid out. Bought a couple of AG mags in the past, thought they were kinda cheap feeling (layout, graphics, text, etc.)
Look on ebay, they have subscriptions up for auction. Cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20987

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 07-09-2003, 08:48 PM

I pick-up Fingerstyle Guitar and Guitar Technique at Barnes and Nobles ,both have a CD with the magazine .Guitar Technique is a magazine from England and can be quite pricey.,but it has some great teaching styles in it( Rock/Funk/Acoustic/Jazz)...paul
And the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form: you only heard a voice DT 4:12

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification