The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Guest 928

Default New Journey Surprise Contest

As many of you know, Rob promised a nylon strung Journey, but then put it off to work on his own dream, a surprise that he says will be showing up soon. While we're waiting, the new Journey Surprise Contest is clearly in order and would be a nice way to pass the time.

Go to the Journey site, click on the Surprise button, and indicate what you think the surprise will be. When the surprise is announced everyone who guessed correctly will get a 5% discount. This would be a great reward for our patience.

Evan

P.S. Since Rob does not yet know about this contest we might want to wait until he gets over his surprise and thinks about ours. Having fun here in acoustic land, hope you all are doing the same.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Guest 928

So Rob; you have a 7 year old boy on drums, a 4 year old grooving girl, a drooling baby boy, a partent wife, and a rabid fan. You have everything but a partridge in a pear tree. Wait! You have one of those? Your rabid fan.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Guest 928

So Rob, seriously I think your contest is a good idea and I want to be one of the first to weigh in on your surprise.

I didn't read the rules but I'm presuming we only have one guess and so I'm going with an electric guitar; a foldable electric about 2" deep with some acoustic, with a battery and an ear bud (like the Yamaha silent guitar), and the ability to plug in and play big. This could be the ultimate travel guitar in that it would fit into a suitcase. This would also be the only CF electric guitar made in America(that I know of). Very cool of you.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Guest 928

Rob;

As you can see, I'm keeping you in the daily news. But it appears as though I am the only one who is willing to risk a guess. Presuming I win I would like to apply my 5% to the promised nylon strung instrument. Let me know.

Hope this finds you well in in good spirits.

Evan
Old 06-29-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
...Go to the Journey site, click on the Surprise button, and indicate what you think the surprise will be. When the surprise is announced everyone who guessed correctly will get a 5% discount. This would be a great reward for our patience.

Evan

P.S. Since Rob does not yet know about this contest we might want to wait until he gets over his surprise and thinks about ours. Having fun here in acoustic land, hope you all are doing the same.
You got me, Evan! Just went on the Journey site looking for the surprise button so I could indicate banjo...
Old 06-30-2016, 02:31 AM

Haha! Ok, to clarify to all - this was a joke by Evan - just in case people start looking for the surprise icon and asking dealers for a matching discount... Seriously, Evan we totally appreciate the hype and we will be sure to leak out some info on the forum later this year. In the meantime we'll have another demo video coming soon from Don Alder - one of the coolest guys to watch live ever!
1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.

Last edited by robailey; 06-30-2016 at 02:37 AM. Reason: post video and tease Evan. :)
Old 06-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robailey View Post
Haha! Ok, to clarify to all - this was a joke by Evan - just in case people start looking for the surprise icon and asking dealers for a matching discount...
So no banjo, Rob?
Old 06-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Guest 928

Ted;

A banjo would have been my second choice. We have a professional banjo player in my village who, at the age of 80, has been complaining about the weight. She has been having trouble with her shoulder and after carrying her banjo a few times I can see why. It seems like CF would be an ideal light-weight medium for the banjo.

You notice that Rob did not say the banjo was out? He's crafty and plays his cards close. I wonder what he would have done if about 40 of us had signed up for the contest?

So, if rob won't play maybe you and I can duel it out. If it turns out to be a banjo I could give you 5% and if it turns out to be an electric guitar you could give me 5% ??? No fair if you have inside info--that would be insider trading and against the law.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber