The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-28-2016, 10:22 AM

Oh man, what a deal. I would have been all over that. That hurts, now I wish I'd never asked
Old 05-28-2016, 11:04 AM

I really wasn't in the market for a CF guitar although I've long found them rather interesting and appealing on certain levels (figured they might be good gigging guitars). Saw this offer and pulled the trigger without thinking. Talked to Ted from LA Guitars afterwards and I guess there are fake Rainsongs out there but he called someone in the know at the company who verified that these simply were models that had been hanging around for too long and needed to be moved. So, now I'm a member of the CF club!

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment
Old 06-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

In the realm of carbon fiber guitars, I've only played Rainsongs and think they're great. I know that you can order them as such but still wish that they'd produce more models off-the-rack without electronics....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 06-12-2016, 09:54 AM

RP, it's a lot like our Taylors. Most dealers stock the "ce" models because that is what sells most frequently. Rainsong's probably mostly come often with electronics for the same reason. You can argue chicken-and-egg, but that seems to be the way of things in retail.

At least with Rainsong you can safely order sight-unseen, knowing that you are not up against the variability of wood.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
I really wasn't in the market for a CF guitar although I've long found them rather interesting and appealing on certain levels (figured they might be good gigging guitars). Saw this offer and pulled the trigger without thinking. Talked to Ted from LA Guitars afterwards and I guess there are fake Rainsongs out there but he called someone in the know at the company who verified that these simply were models that had been hanging around for too long and needed to be moved. So, now I'm a member of the CF club!
Was this something that Amazon emailed you about or were you on a list or did you just happen upon the deal?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
RP, it's a lot like our Taylors. Most dealers stock the "ce" models because that is what sells most frequently. Rainsong's probably mostly come often with electronics for the same reason. You can argue chicken-and-egg, but that seems to be the way of things in retail...
Of course you're right, but I continue to question whether that bit of buyer preference wouldn't change were the off-the-rack option to buy non-electronic models more readily available whether they be Taylors or Rainsongs...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 06-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorquin View Post
Was this something that Amazon emailed you about or were you on a list or did you just happen upon the deal?
I would also like to know the answer to this question. Had I know I would have jumped on the band wagon for another Rainsong.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 06-19-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorquin View Post
Someone on AGF pointed out the sale.

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment
Old 06-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Guest 928

I don't know what it is, but I'll bet you broke a rule. As long as homeland security didn't show up you are OK. Do it again and you'll probably get spanked.

Years ago I received such a message on another CF forum--it dealt with my use of a bad word. I promised to never do it again and got let off with a warning. I rarely read all the rules since there are so many of them and I'm generally in a hurry.

Hopefully your criminal transgression (whatever it was) will not follow you for life, will allow you to continue to drive, and not stop you from voting or having sex with those people you love. Hope this finds you well and in good spirits.

Sympathetically yours,
Old 06-19-2016, 06:12 PM
Guest 928

Humm...I see that there has been a bit of an edit. Some forum participant had slipped in reference to a for-sake guitar and had apparently been admonished. My email was a response to that, and now makes no sense at all. I can live with that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber