The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-23-2005, 07:10 PM

Question Worship Songwriters' Retreat

Has anyone here ever attended one of the Worship Songwriter's Retreats put on by seminars4worship (I guess it's a sub-part of Integrity Music)? This year it's taking place (relatively) close to me at Mount Hermon in Santa Cruz, CA. My pastor suggest I think about going and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the retreat. How is it? What goes on? Was it worth it?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Charter Member

I've done Integrity stuff before and found them beneficial if you go in with the attitude that you are ready to do some hands on. I'll qualify that by saying I haven't been to one in some time but I found the ones in the past pretty helpful.

Is Doerksen involved in this one? If so I think it would be really good.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

A couple of friends of mine who are also P&W leaders and good songwriters went to an Integrity event. They said it didn't help them much.

I went to an all day seminar with Paul Baloche on songwriting at the International Worship Institute last summer, and felt like it was a waste of time.

I think, unless you're going to have large amount of one-on-one with some of Integrity's 'stars', you're not going to learn much. I wouldn't expect that to happen at a large event like the one you're describing.

YMMV.

stuff

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
Jim Morrison

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell