The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-16-2017, 03:01 PM

Default Who Makes a Feedback Buster for an OM?

My new to me Martin OMC has a smaller sound hole so my Feedback busters won't fit in it. Still taking the guitar to my gig tonight as it's an in ear monitor gig. But who makes a buster that will fit the smaller sound hole?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
…who makes a buster that will fit the smaller sound hole?

Thanks
Hi David…

Lute Hole Covers. They are laser cut, wooden covers built in several sizes. I own 2 and they work just as well as my big-black-rubber-plug.

The holes make the acoustic volume a bit louder (less nasal to the ear), and don't affect the feedback suppression for the pickup.

Lutehole dot com

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 12-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

What size is your sound hole? I have two Lute Hole sound hole covers that are absolutely gorgeous for a guitar I no longer own that I'd be willing to part with. The Lute Hole covers are great as Larry said but the wait is 3-4 weeks and they cost a pretty penny. Definitely worth it though.

Is you OM's sound hole a lot smaller or just a tiny bit? I have a Martin that the sound hole is just a tad under 4" so I took one of the PW rubber ones and shaved it down with a scalpel and now it works just fine.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
What size is your sound hole? I have two Lute Hole sound hole covers that are absolutely gorgeous for a guitar I no longer own that I'd be willing to part with. The Lute Hole covers are great as Larry said but the wait is 3-4 weeks and they cost a pretty penny. Definitely worth it though.

Is you OM's sound hole a lot smaller or just a tiny bit? I have a Martin that the sound hole is just a tad under 4" so I took one of the PW rubber ones and shaved it down with a scalpel and now it works just fine.

I’ll have measure the sound hole later. Pm me with info and prices for your covers. Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification