The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Default Cordoba Loriente Clarita vs Cordoba C-10

If both of these, both are rosewood B&S, and had the same tops, spruce or cedar, how would you compare the expected sound?
Old 07-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Musical minimalist

Having owned a few of both, I'd expect the Loriente to have a good bit more warmth overall.....the two cedar topped Clarita's I've owned didn't last long because they were actually too dark sounding for my tastes. The Cordoba's just seem to have a little more treble snap and string separation/clarity.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:43 PM

I have the Cordoba C5ce and was playing ALL the Classicals at GC. I walked out with this puppy,The C5ce and never looked back. What a Great instrument!.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:52 AM

When I was in my "gas" mode for a nylon string guitar, I tried out the CEDAR Loriente Clarita and the C-10. At the time, I chose the C-10 because it was less expensive than the Loriente. But I never really bonded with the C-10.

After selling my C-10, I purchased the CEDAR Cordoba Solista and really like it. It's gets me the classical sound on songs that sometimes my GK Pro Negra won't produce.

Have you looked into the other versions of the Loriente line? I hear that the Sofia models are nice too, but I haven't had the opportunity to play one

Dave
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical