The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-27-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmulkey View Post
Here's what can happen:

The video title implies the only blame lies with the Camaro, but the pickup shares some blame as well. I wonder if he still thinks it was worth it to play his stupid ego game...

The cam car is also tailgating really badly.
Wow, if I was the driver of the Camero I would have:
#1 - Accepted that this jacko in the pickup is just not going to move
or
#2 - Use the shoulder all the way to the right to get ahead of them all

I wish all jerks on the road end up like this. No, not injured or killed but just get some punishment.
https://youtu.be/uE8dkDWrFaQ
Old 07-27-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
Wow, if I was the driver of the Camero I would have:
#1 - Accepted that this jacko in the pickup is just not going to move
or
#2 - Use the shoulder all the way to the right to get ahead of them all
If it were me, I'd definitely not make any illegal/dangerous moves like passing on the shoulder. Best move, imo, is to be the "bigger man" and just get back in the right lane and slow down until the pickup moves on or even pull off the road completely if safe to do so and just sit there for a minute or two and then re-merge. I don't want to be anywhere near someone who is playing games on the road.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Sorry, but if he is doing the speed limit, he is within his right to be selfish jerk, [emoji1] people don't get it that even if your doing the legal speed limit, if your causing a obstruction which is causing people to do dumb stuff like passing in the slow Lane, your just as much to blame, Move Over, don't get in the way and be curtious.
In many states now - the left lane is for PASSING, and if you are in the left land and not passing cars, you can be pulled over and given a ticket.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 07-28-2017, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Road rage is unacceptable. Always, the high road is to just back off, get in teh right lane, and relax. Hard to do, and it took me a little while to internalize, but better for me both physically and mentally.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:57 AM

Default ? I lost my cool and flipped off the driver.

Woowee........been there. But I did not have a wife and children with me. You can't take that chance with a family in your charge. That idiot may have been on the run from the law...carrying fire power-or cranked out like the Vietcong with a pungy stick Never lose your focus on the family...they are more precious than anything
Old 07-28-2017, 12:03 PM

In the good old days, people would yield to a faster vehicle if they were in the passing lane. Nowadays, I am dumbfounded by what I see. How did these people get their drivers' license? And it doesn't help that the police don't pull people over for driving slow in the passing lane...at least where I live.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
In the good old days, people would yield to a faster vehicle if they were in the passing lane. Nowadays, I am dumbfounded by what I see. How did these people get their drivers' license? And it doesn't help that the police don't pull people over for driving slow in the passing lane...at least where I live.
Around here I routinely see people run solid red lights with police in clear view and nothing happens. Some months ago I was stopping at a red left-turn arrow when a car in the straight lanes to my right cuts over my lane, nearly hitting me, and into the other left-turn lane next to me and then proceeds to run the red arrow (it had been red a good 1-2 seconds at this point). There was a state trooper across the intersection right in the front of the line. I even laid on the horn as the guy was running the red light. I'm thinking, this is going to be good, right? Nope. No reaction from the trooper. In fact, he looks at ME as he's driving by, as if he's puzzled. Probably the same trooper I saw run that same red light on another occasion I guess it's no wonder why people are so brazen about it...they're being given tacit approval by many law enforcement.

So I know they're not going to crack down on left-lane coasters if they're not even concerned about red light running. I can't wait for my city to get on a major traffic enforcement kick. These drivers need to be hit in the pocketbook and on their license.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmulkey View Post
Around here I routinely see people run solid red lights with police in clear view and nothing happens. Some months ago I was stopping at a red left-turn arrow when a car in the straight lanes to my right cuts over my lane, nearly hitting me, and into the other left-turn lane next to me and then proceeds to run the red arrow (it had been red a good 1-2 seconds at this point). There was a state trooper across the intersection right in the front of the line. I even laid on the horn as the guy was running the red light. I'm thinking, this is going to be good, right? Nope. No reaction from the trooper. In fact, he looks at ME as he's driving by, as if he's puzzled. Probably the same trooper I saw run that same red light on another occasion I guess it's no wonder why people are so brazen about it...they're being given tacit approval by many law enforcement.

So I know they're not going to crack down on left-lane coasters if they're not even concerned about red light running. I can't wait for my city to get on a major traffic enforcement kick. These drivers need to be hit in the pocketbook and on their license.
A red light means STOP and that is a law. If it is not enforced, then we'll see stuff like this...
https://youtu.be/bPQ4GUk8ens
Old 07-29-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny B View Post
I drive my car the same way I ride my motorcycles...

I assume everyone on the road is out to kill me, and sometimes they almost succeed...sometimes I think it's out of ignorance, sometimes I believe it's an intentional act of anger and rage...

Of course, no one's killed me yet, so when these things happen, my first reaction is relief, and my next is to get as far away from the idiot as possible, and get my mind back on my driving...

Because the next idiot is coming right up...
Agreed! I've never been surprised.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic