The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Should have used a Garand. Each round fired is like a gentle kiss
I paid 89.00 for the Russian rifle! Would love a Garand! Which was the clean up rifle at the competition btw!
Old 09-26-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooh View Post
I received treatment for my rotator cuff just this morning. It's well on its way to mending, but like before, it's taking several weeks. In the past I've been referred to hospital based physiotherapy by my GP, but this time I went to my wife's chiropractor who does some sports and work related extremity injuries (my chiropractor only does spine and pelvis). It's been great so far. She adjusts it physically, runs me through some range of motion tests and feeling the joints/muscles for issues, twice done a laser treatment, and massages. She sends me home with it taped up but that lasts about 3 days. I should be all healed in a couple of weeks.

I go to a gym regularly so it helps to keep it mobile and exercised but one has to be careful and modify the workout.

I have been playing my smaller guitars on account of this, and it helps. Dreads and jumbos irritate the injury.
I guess I've been lucky in that I'm left handed but I play a right handed guitar (it's my left shoulder).
Old 09-26-2016, 07:04 PM

Just got over my irritation and impingement. While going to PT to calm the irritation we went to work on the impingement, in a gentle manner. The more the irritation calmed the more aggressive the work on the impingement and in time I was fixed up. For a few weeks I continued with the work at home just to make sure and then I declared myself back to my original pitiful self.

So... the small exercises may seem trivial but if the PT crew is competent I feel they will steer you right.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

A few years ago I thought I had a rotator cuff problem, that is what two different doctors told me. It kept getting worse and worse.

Finally a chiropractor told me I had "frozen shoulder" syndrome (Adhesive Capsulitis) and suggested that that I find exercises specific to frozen shoulder.

At that point an ansthesiologist told that I could schedule an appointment for manipulative therapy. In a nutshell, you go in, they put you under, strap to a gurney, then have a couple of big guys come in and twist your arm around until they break up all the adhesions. Then you have to go to PT for months!

So I did the exercises in reverse, and it finally went away. I owned a specialty retail store at the time, and the young employees delighted in "helping" me do the exercises, which included having people apply pressure in a a variety of ways to gradually increase the range of motion.

CK
Old 09-27-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
At that point an ansthesiologist told that I could schedule an appointment for manipulative therapy. In a nutshell, you go in, they put you under, strap to a gurney, then have a couple of big guys come in and twist your arm around until they break up all the adhesions. Then you have to go to PT for months!

CK
As medieval as that sounds, it makes sense. I've never heard of it before.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic