The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Default taxi- harry chapin

anyone have any idea how i can play this song out ? i have to read the lyrics and chords. when you have a tune that will not fit in my "cheat sheet' book that is more than two pages...what do you do? i guess everyone will say "keep working on it til it 's memorized.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

I have played that song for 30+ years; still don't have it down pat. I guess I don't play it often enough. This is a perfect example of what works good with an iPad and an app like OnSong. I have the scrolling feature on OnSong, press the down arrow, and it scrolls according to the time I have set. It is one of the few songs that I actually have the sheet music - can't use it in public, because of the page changes. The iPad makes this one public playable for me.

It's a good song. One of my wife's favorites, but not one of mine. The verses are easy, it's the rest of the changes that don't have enough of a "pattern" for me to memorize. Well, and the fact that it is about 6 minutes long. I pull it out when someone asks for a Harry Chapin song.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell