The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Default Cordoba GK Pro serial numbers

After years of wanting to try a Cordoba GK Pro, I finally found a repaired blemished model at around half price of a new one on Ebay. So I bought it.

I really like the guitar!!! That's probably the thread that I should start - all the things that I like about this guitar! But their are plenty of past threads here extolling the virtues of the GK Pro.

Do Cordoba GK Pro guitars have a serial number? If so, where are they at on the guitar? I wanted to look up the serial number to learn how old (or new - it seems new) the guitar is. But I can't find a serial number.

Just now I checked my 1999 Takamine Santa Fe nylon string guitar - and it doesn't have a serial number either. I thought that all guitars have serial numbers. I guess my knowledge of guitars is pretty shallow.

I know that there are others on this forum who are big fans of the GK Pro, so I thought to ask here.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:17 AM

Unless it's been removed, the serial number for a GK Pro is included on a little black "Cordoba/Made in China" decal affixed to the forward-most portion of the bottom part of of the body, directly on the Spanish heel joint. You can see it by looking through the sound hole, towards the neck.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Thank you VLJ. I found it.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:44 AM

now that you found the serial number... Shoot an email to Cordoba customer support... they can tell you what month and year it was made

2011 Godin Jazz model archtop

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical