The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM

Default (Customers) Where is the love?

Hey guys, I e-mailed David Foreman from Karura cases yesterday to ask about the possibility of a larger guitar case for jumbo guitars and baritones. Hope he doesn't mind me telling all of you about his reply. The good news is he just began offering an archtop case, which should be big enough. I also essentially told him how the cases his people built for me are, in a word, perfect. Of course when I ordered mine, Bruce Petros had a few ideas on how to improve the cases, but I expect no less from a perfectionist like Bruce. Anyway . .

David told me he would pass my comments to his staff because they rarely hear from happy customers. I was surprised! These guys are making cases for builders such as Jim Redgate, Gerald Sheppard and Bruce and Matt Petros. These cases are the best

The hardware of the cases are excellent (high grade materials, catches have the secure design of needing to be pulled then twisted to open the case).
The carbon fiber shell is high grade stuff (not the inferior stuff other companies use) built with high-tech methods.
Other companies are now experimenting with carbon fiber, but Karura is the only one with 1000kg (1 ton!) crush resistance. Just look at the abuse they subject to the case:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Karuraca.../1/TXMf938xq_c
(it's interesting to note that I too have a jealous girlfriend who occasionally 'tests' my case )

The interior support system they have is excellent as well, the guitar is suspended by a snug fitting interior which holds the guitar by the headstock (headstock padding is standard), neck and the outer rims of the guitar top + back (where the binding is).

Acoustic Guitar compared the entry level Karura model to top end models from other companies, which by itself is something to think about.
http://www.acguitar.com/article/defa...d=26297&page=7

I can't believe these guys from Karura aren't getting the feedback they deserve. From one callused fingered person to another, consider a lightweight Karura case where extreme strength, high quality materials and high build quality already come as standard. No case is indestructible, so every little bit of strength counts!

I suspect only very few here have bought Karura cases, but the main point of my mini rant is to appreciate the guys out there doing good work. Some of these guys are trailblazers in the guise of guitar makers, case makers, capo makers, guitar stand makers etc you get the idea. A few encouraging words go a long way!

Send those e-mails of appreciation!

I'm an unmet friend of the honest, hardworking, knowledgeable guitar builder.

Last edited by tkuane; 03-24-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:45 PM

True, true, always nice to hear good feedback of appreciation. Last night I bought a Meinl Cajon bag and realised they had a deluxe version for extra $10, I emailed the seller to ask for an exchange plus the added ex-10 and there was no trouble in the exchange.
Now these guys sure got a excellent rap from me, thats for sure. Good reviews make a happy ending
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
PIT74827

Yea, I pass my appreciation on to Boeing every time I land safely.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeous View Post
Yea, I pass my appreciation on to Boeing every time I land safely.

I'm an unmet friend of the honest, hardworking, knowledgeable guitar builder.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 PM

I believe thats the kind of case (Karura) that John Garon of my favorite guitars had at a Bluefrass festival a couple of years back in Mayville New york -he told me that case is very good ( had a real neat almost tiger eye look to its finish )-think he used it for a a vintage BR D-28 , let us know how the case works out -ill be looking for a case in the near future -
Old 03-25-2011, 04:38 AM

I used to work in a field where 99% of the time, the only feedback received was from "unhappy" customers.

As such, I always make it a point now to send positive feedback whenever the product / service / assistance warrants it.

Good post!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorplayer View Post
I used to work in a field where 99% of the time, the only feedback received was from "unhappy" customers.

As such, I always make it a point now to send positive feedback whenever the product / service / assistance warrants it.

Good post!
What were you growing???
Old 03-25-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorplayer View Post
...I always make it a point now to send positive feedback whenever the product / service / assistance warrants it.
my sentiments exactly.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion