The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-26-2016, 05:10 AM

Default Bourgeois Truss Rod

As you yesterday I'm the proud owner of 2013 Bourgeois AT Mahogany D! I have a question on truss rod adjusting. I would like to take bow out of the neck. Turning the truss rod clockwise has no resistance and it feels like the nut itself is loosening. Turing it counter clockwise I feel resistance. Which way actually tightens the truss rod on Bourgeois' to remove bow from the neck? I've only turned it a little both ways trying to feel it out.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:14 PM

FYI - The Bourgeois website says: Our truss rod is a “double action” truss rod developed to work on both a forward & backward bow.

The whole thing is here.

While they recommend leaving it to a professional, a good eye and a straight edge should quickly answer the question.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:06 PM

Two-way rods tend to have a lot of free play in the centered position. To remove forward bow, keep turning it clockwise and it should tighten up.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the insight. It tightened up with about a full turn clockwise. I had never felt one in the slack position, so wanted make sure I wasn't going to foul up. The previous owner like a higher action than I could handle.....on to happy playing now!

William
Old 06-30-2016, 01:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi William, please let us know if we can be of any further help with this. The comments and links above are all correct!

Ryan Fitzsimmons
Bourgeois Guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair