The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Let's Have A Member CD List Sticky

Reading all the threads of everyone doing CD's -- David Moore, Eric Skye, Jim Tozier, Sandy, and all you other good players ... it struck me that we should have a Sticky where CD's could be listed. Maybe just a thread where each of you could do a one-time listing of your new CD, titles, a little description, and a link where it could be purchased? It would make a nice shopping list for next Christmas ... Valentines ... Bastille Day ... July 4 ... the Ides of March ...

How 'bout it, JR, Bob, Lisa, ... ?
Old 01-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Why not?

Carry on, but detail all you like musically about your CD and let the members who are interested make contact inquiring as to where to purchase. That will keep the thread on topic of what each has done musically without turning it into a commercial since we don't allow commercial sales pitches on the site.

Last edited by Lisa; 01-29-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:07 PM

Thanks, Lisa.
I'll play...

My CD, Beach Days, is 14 songs of acoustic instrumental surf music. Multi-layered acoustic grooves form the background of the songs with acoustic lead playing adding the melody. The first song, "Coolgroove", was featured last year in the surf movie "On Safari Again" starring Wingnut, Joel Tudor, CJ Nelson and other surfers. 4 of the songs on the album, feature only one stereo guitar track, with the other songs having anywhere up to 6 parts. "Coconut" reflects on Hawaiian musical ideas with the lead played with a bottle on a guitar sideways in my lap in Taro Patch tuning.
The rhythms of the ocean, the rush of a wave ride, the beauty of a sunset, the subtlety of the sea air all influence the songs and playing on "Beach Days".

You can listen to some clips here...
http://www.marklyn.info/index.php/music

http://www.marklyn.info/
Old 01-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn
starring Wingnut, Joel Tudor, CJ Nelson and other surfers.
Man, sounds like Endless Summer 3...Just need Pat.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:00 AM

Acoustic surf music, now that is cool. I've got one surf tune that is on here called 'finding the sea':

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wyman

It is fast with lots of multiple string pull offs, wood slaps, and harmonics. If anyone wants to here a clip I can email it to you.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:33 PM

My band's cd, 'Songs of Death and Happiness', is a good old-fashioned rock & roll album. Hooks, lots of singing, actual guitar solos - you name it, it's in there.

Well, except for maybe mandolin and banjo. But we do have viola & cello

It's chock-full of textures both acoustic and electric - I used a myriad of acoustic guitars (including a Taylor!) to lay the foundation for the tunes and built the rest up from there.

It's patting my own back, of course, but I have to say that our album is as good (if not better) than anything else 'out there'. If you click the link in my signature, it'll take you to our home page, which in turn will give you a link to a place you can get the album and listen to clips. Songs from this album have been featured in two independent films.

Get 'em while they last - we're currently working on a new album, so once the copies of SoDaH are gone, they're gone!

--chiba
Old 02-01-2005, 10:00 PM

I have a CD. I am proud of it. I don't feel like describing it tonight, am I allowed to just use press quotes from my site? I was lucky and got some good reviews.

title: like the david
artist: elizabeth roth

"CD of the Year from a Solo Act - 2003" - Songwriter's Showcases of America
"Best Local CD of 2003" - Jacksonville Folio Weekly Magazine

press quotes:

“An incredible work of artistic accomplishment...the Cd shows all the ranges, styles, and in a word, versatility of this seasoned entertainer, and gives an insight into the depth of the person creating the sounds." Carol Elliott, Entertaining U Magazine, Jacksonville, Florida

"I was immeasurably impressed by this album. From the production, to Roth's Guitar and voice, to the instrumental arrangements, to the songwriting; it is wonderfully done." Rick de Yampert Daytona Beach News-Journal

" Finally, area singer/songwriter Elizabeth Roth has released an eclectic collection of songs called like the david. Roth sings like a darker Carly Simon....like the david contains passing moments of beauty and lasting moments of Gothic (like an empty Georgian house, not like a pasty faced rocker) atmosphere. Interesting stuff..." Rick Marino, entertainment writer, Florida Times Union

"Interesting, unconventional, carefully crafted acoustic rock" David Demordaunt, Temujin Recordings, San Francisco

"Roth 's songs range from jazzy lightly funky works akin to Norah Jones and Ricky Lee Jones, to ballads and folkie songs like Tracy Chapman and Phoebe Snow..." Rick de Yampert Daytona Beach News-Journal

ABOUT ELIZABETH:

"Her voice is one you remember......it soars, spirals, rocks, drops, calls to a lover, tells a story, growls the blues, cries. If Gamble Rogers and Phoebe Snow had a love child, and that baby was raised by Tracy Chapman, it might sound like this woman." Peter Guinta, staff writer, Saint Augustine Record

"She has a unique ability to tell a story, as if it were the first time ever told, with every song she sings." Carol Elliott, Entertaining U Magazine, Jacksonville, Florida

"A hauntingly cerebral, yet romantic clarity" Marcia Armes, Saint Augustine Magazine

Those are probably all lies. Ha ha. Or exagerration, huh?
Check it out for yourself sometime: www.elizabethroth.com
Old 02-01-2005, 10:51 PM

2005 Hamblin SJ (cedar/flamed mahogany)

www.jimtozier.com

Last edited by Jim Tozier; 05-15-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:10 PM

Second Son by Rick Duke, released Dec 2002

Self-produced (self-everything!), and recorded and mixed entirely within my home studio. It’s forty minutes of music over eleven tracks – six instrumental and five lyrical – featuring eight original never-released songs, and three covers of Steve Howe and Greg Lake. I like to describe my music as a mixture of folk-rock, rhythm and blues, and contemporary jazz with a bit of southern flavor. Two tracks were featured on the Taylor Guitar Forum CD Vol 1 and Vol 2, and one track on an Oasis Acoustic CD Sampler Vol 40. Guitars used were my 314ce and 614ce.

Available direct (Paypal) or CD Baby. See web site for details and sample tracks.

Last edited by RDuke; 07-12-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:30 PM

My second album is available on CDBaby

http://www.cdbaby.com/corinne

Artist: Corinne Curcio
Title: "Now"

All songs written by yours truly, and I play acoustic and electric, and 12 string guitar, bass and keyboards. Drums provided by Kevin Haining. Recorded at Tom Tom Recording Studio, NYC

"... the star attraction of this rockin' album is Corinne Curcio's talent triumvirate of great songwriting, great guitar work and great singing. Each track hits the ground running - and Corinne wastes no time in ushering the listener thru her intricately composed, harmonically rich and adventurous art-pop creations..." - Robert Urban - URBAN PRODUCTIONS, NYC

"...I've seen Corinne Curcio perform live, and she can more than hold her own armed with just her voice, guitar, and lyrics. One can argue that any combination of these three elements would produce a great CD, but I doubt that many musicians could coordinate all three elements as flawlessly as Corinne Curcio does on "Now". Accenting her vocal and guitar skills with bass and occasional other instruments-- and with drums/percussion courtesy of Kevin Haining-- Corinne Curcio has created a sound that's all her own." - Jed Ryan www.jedryan.com

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~corinne54

Last edited by crindaguitar; 02-03-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:17 PM

Here is my newest CD:

Click Here!

And I share a cello player with Elizabeth Roth, so you know it can't be all bad!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn100
Here is my newest CD:

Click Here!

And I share a cello player with Elizabeth Roth, so you know it can't be all bad!
You had me at 'When I Loved a Vampire'.

Cool stuff, I like it.
The miserable faces of the lonely people walking by
Thousands, millions, lonely people
And I realize I should move

Corky and the Juice Pigs
Old 02-03-2005, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn100
Here is my newest CD:

Click Here!

David sent me one of these a few months ago and it really is a good CD. I found myself listening to it on the plane ride to and from Dallas over Christmas and really enjoying it. It's worth picking up.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 AM
minister of twang

Default mike golay: solo acoustic guitar recordings

mike golay: half pint - solo acoustic guitar
half pint on itunes

mike golay: across the bridge - solo acoustic guitar
l'twangage

Last edited by mtmikey; 09-18-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:57 AM

Both of my CD's can be listened to in their entirety in Streaming Real Audio on my website link below. I kept the file size small so even dial-up users can listen.
Of course the quality suffers somewhat but you'll at least know whether you like it or not. Both cd's are available for sale on the sight but unfortunately I can't get the paypal buttons to work so one is forced to enter the information manually on the Paypal site payable to [email protected].
If you have any questions please PM or email me, I'll be happy to assist.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell