The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-24-2017, 08:44 AM

Default Cort Gold O6

Visited the local store today hoping to score some Black Friday deals.
Spent a minute with the Cort Gold O6 an all solid OM with torrified top, rosewood fingerboard and bone nut and saddle.
The guitar feels well made and looks pretty nice too, with the dark honey hue of the top and a touch of mop here and there.
It’s quite light for a guitar in that price range, and it sounded better than the other small guitars in that range.
The golden open back tuners look awful though, and are probably trash (I only inspected the guitar very briefly)

Overall The guitar made a good impression on me, and now I have the GAS itch.

I told them I’d stop by tomorrow to check out what the case looks like.
If it’s good, I might buy it* as a new travel guitar, to replace my Yamaha LJ16 which is a bit large for my taste, doesn’t have a proper case, and most importantly I just don’t bound with the rosewood tone...

*Not to be a brand snob, but I never thought I would say this about a Cort!

Previously : Gibson L1 special, Eastman E10OOm, Furch D33sr, Guild F30r, Guild F47m, Taylor 312, Breedlove American series OOO, Furch OOM32sm, Yamaha LJ16...

Last edited by Bronsky; 11-24-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:48 AM

Here’s what it looks like btw.

Previously : Gibson L1 special, Eastman E10OOm, Furch D33sr, Guild F30r, Guild F47m, Taylor 312, Breedlove American series OOO, Furch OOM32sm, Yamaha LJ16...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion