The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-28-2015, 02:22 PM

Default Petros Studio Stage--new price 10/8/15

10-8-15 UPDATE I have been back and forth about selling this beauty, but after finding my "holy grail" guitar, I need, regretfully, to move this one to a new home. So, for your consideration, my like-new November 2013 Petros Studio Stage. As most of you know, these are top shelf guitars built by Bruce and Matt Petros for players like Paul Simon. The Studio Stage model has all the detail and tone but without all of the bling, making this model more affordable. Sounds great strummed, flat picked, and finger style. Sounds awesome in both standard and open tunings. Always properly humidified and in a smoke-free environment.

Specs:
The GC body dimensions:
19 1/2″ Long
15 1/2″ Lower bout
9 5/8″ Waist
11 3/8″ Upper bout
4 1/2″ at the deepest
1 13/16" nut
25.5” scale

For more information go to:

http://petrosguitars.com/the-guitar/

Thanks for looking.

Price: $4200.00 includes shipping. Payment fees not included. Not looking for trades on this one.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

For additional pictures:

http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/fr...s%203.jpg.html

Sound clips for your enjoyment.

Last edited by Aculadd; 10-08-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful and priced right - aint' nothin' better than a Petros - I am biased, but just sayin'......aint' nothin' better - best of luck with the sale!!

Electrics
Fender / Fender Amps * TMG

Favorite Gin - Citadelle
Favorite Bourbon - Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Favorite Grape - Nebbiolo
Old 03-29-2015, 03:12 PM

What are the woods please?
Old 03-29-2015, 03:49 PM

I'll chime in for Bruce as I just got back from meeting him and getting a chance to play this wonderful guitar. I'm positive that the woods are sitka spruce and east indian rosewood but he can confirm that. More importantly the guitar is wonderful and is in like new condition-it's obvious that he takes excellent care of his gear. Whoever buys this will not be disappointed.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 PM

Hi Kahobbs, sorry it took me so long to reply. Been on the road a lot and didn't have a chance to check the AGF till I got home. Yes, the woods are East Indian and Sitka. The Sika top is very tight grained and tons of medullary rays which is a big reason why (besides Bruce and Matt's expertise ) the guitar sounds so good. Thanks for looking.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

The 4 or so Petros guitars I've had the pleasure of playing have been some of the finest sounding guitars I've played. Who ever buys this guitar will be very pleased!!!! Good luck with your sale. If it were a Petros Jumbo which are Unicorn rare I'd be on this one myself.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 PM

Default Very nice

I am probably speaking for many forum members when I say I love this guitar. I have always been captivated by the look of a Petros, and I cannot even begin to guess how great this guitar sounds. Best of luck with the sale. I hope it ends up going to someone who appreciates and plays it as much as I would.
Shane
Old 03-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgas View Post
I am probably speaking for many forum members when I say I love this guitar. I have always been captivated by the look of a Petros, and I cannot even begin to guess how great this guitar sounds. Best of luck with the sale. I hope it ends up going to someone who appreciates and plays it as much as I would.
Shane
Yeah, what he said. This is the nicest piece I've seen in a while!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Bump for new pictures.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:44 AM

hi there,

PM sent
1918 Gibson L-1
Cordoba C-10 Crossover
Old 05-20-2015, 09:01 AM

Absolutely stunning!!! This guitar is just one more illustration of the incredible talents and skills of Bruce and Matt Petros. Here's wishing you all the best on your sale.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

I'd like to chime in here again - and I have no affiliation with the Seller at all.....I didn't even know what a Petros was a few months ago.......

I took a road trip to Dream Guitars with three other buddies back in February and went along just for the ride - the last thing I was going to do was to buy a guitar that day.....I was actually focused on getting a new reso at the time and the last thing I wanted was another flattop.....My buddies all had specific guitars they were interested in. We spent three hours there having a blast....about an hour into our session, I saw my Petros hanging on the wall....looked interesting....I picked it up and played a few chords and finger-picked for a minute and was blown away........literally - blown away......I put it back down and walked away, but five minutes later I went back and got away from everyone and really played her for a while......

Well - the rest is history - I bought the guitar and was the only buyer that day! There were also two other Petros models there and they were both unbelievable as well.....

I can just tell you that for this price, you will not be disappointed.....I am not going to knock other brands, but you will not find better sounding guitars for $5,000 - you just won't....

My Petros is the most balanced guitar I have ever owned and the set up and feel is unbelievable - so easy to play....

Like I said, I have no affiliation at all with the Seller, but I don't think people really know that much about these guitars and had to chime in....

My Petros will be the last guitar I would ever sell out of my stash....

I have a buddy who would buy this in a heart beat if it was smaller......

Good luck with the sale!!

Electrics
Fender / Fender Amps * TMG

Favorite Gin - Citadelle
Favorite Bourbon - Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Favorite Grape - Nebbiolo
Old 05-21-2015, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Default I've played this one

I've only had the opportunity to play 3 Petros guitars, and this was one of them. It is outstanding, as the pictures and the sound clips attest. What strikes me regarding Petros guitars is how balanced, and excuse my lack of eloquence, how "do everything" they are. This instrument is no exception. It plays well strummed, finger picked, and even flat pick. The sound doesn't get "muddy" which can happen with certain rosewood guitars. Disclosure: The seller is a friend of mine, but that doesn't change the way the guitar sounds and performs. Also, he is meticulous/insane about how he takes care of his instruments .

If anyone is on the fence about a Petros, give this one a hard look. Bruce and Matt Petros are up there on the top shelf of luthiers.
Emerald X-20 Custom SS

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 05-21-2015, 07:04 AM

that second sound clip you posted is killer! What is it? What tuning are you in? Reminds me of Richard Crandell's "Diagonal" in DADGAD...

Also, good luck with the sale. Wish I were a rich man because the sound of this guitar is exceptional.
Voyage-Air VAOM-02 2012 (not sure/lam hog)
Old 05-21-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy99 View Post
Wish I were a rich man because the sound of this guitar is exceptional.
To the quote above, let me say, "Ditto!"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars